The simFlight Network Forums

CREATE A FLIGHT

jgaldon

First, what you are doing is anything but a simple job. It contains out of two parts:

a) the flight must be created technically, using the MyTraffic editor as descibed in the manual. If this step is done successful, you should be able to find the flight in the file MyTrafficcommercial.dat ( if it is an airliner ) or one of the other flights.

b) If FS gets told to perform a certain flight, there is no warranty FSX will display it. Indeed the chance for a beginner may well be to see 10% of his programmed flights, and even professional packages vave airports where only 25% of all scheduked flights really take place. FSX is programmed ( and FS8 and FS9 were ) to avoid to have to delete any aircraft in your actual view with highest priority, so any decision where FSX cannot exclude this to happen is programmed not to display the schedules at all.

This is done on two levels. The compiler itself makes lots of checks for the flights. Among them are the availablity of free parkings of fitting size for all day resp. week minutes, right timings, etc. If the compiler rejects the flights, this is the easy case, since it writes the reason into the log file ( MyTrafficcommercial.log).

FSX again makes lots of checks when loading the flights, and is fast in rejection, depending on many undocumented stuff.

So, if you want to continue, I recommend that you plan your time, nothing can be learned in a few hours. Than, make a copy of the MyTraffic database, and use this copy. In this, delete all the flights that come with MyTraffic using the maintenance dialog. Now only you can verify what is going on by creating one flight only, checking it gets written to the schedule file, checking the compiler log, and verification it shows up in FSX. Do so with all the flights you want to create. As last step, go back to the original database, and import your own schedules as a fork to the full database.

Could you explain me better how create a flight, give me a sample, where I have to go in the menu and when I remove all the flights how I can introduce my flight in the database, without enter again all the others and verify if is in, I am a little hard to understand so I like you explain a little bit with more detail how create a new flight and make it succesfull.

Thank you

There is a long and detailed manual called MyTraffic editor manual, which explains all this in detail on 40 pages. I paid more than 1000€ for getting this written, so please work through this first - that is the most compact way to present all the information to you. There is no way to replace this by forum posts. There are examples on how to do things, just work through these.

AI traffic flight plans are machine code for your PC, so hard assembler programming, with no net between you and your FSX module. Depending on how experienced and controlled you are in assembler programming, you will need between 20 and 200 hours to work through the manual and understand what you are doing. I also recommend you read the FSX SDK manual about AI traffic, since this contains a lot of valuable information.

I read the manuall until the page 15 and I started working on it

Well I think I am doing well because I created a flight from San Francisco to Barcelona with Condor and I saw it in the board but after that I did another San Francisco to Asturias with I don't remember the airline now and is not, so why sometimes yes and sometimes no.

That's I do: I open the manage in the airline tab and manually I do a flight plan from one of the AI existing planes that Mytraffic has, after that I click in Autoschedule My planes and after that I click in Create all files and traffic.

What I am doing wrong, maybe depending the destination could happen or not??, because I use the planes that the program provides, and other question any plane could be include in Mytraffic or must be special for AI, in this case how I can know that?.

Thank you

Making a flight plan needs careful planning. This starts with the airports as example. If one of the airports does not have proper parkings of the right type and radius, the flight cannot take place. If the airport has already any other schedules, you must make sure that all the time the aircraft are planned to park there are free parkings available of suitable size. Very often, if you bring a new airline to an airport, that needs concrete in real life and XML code in FSX to enable the airport to support the types, mainly correct parking radii and types, so yes it does depend on the airports strongly.

In both cases, the compiler will reject this flight, and you will get a message " No parking for flight ..." in the log files.

But even without such an error, FSX on the fly will determine if it displays the flight by doing some checks which are undocumented. If this check runs into a timeout as example, we know the flight will not show up.

Usage of non AI-aircraft for AI traffic is possible in principle, the MyTraffic manuals tells you how to integrate them to the database, with two major things that are in your responsibility:

a) The AI playr is programmed to work with the air files and config files of the stock Microsoft planes. With more realistic flight characteristics it may fail. You may see the plane crash when it takes off, landing miles before the runway, whatever, so you should test this first. If you find an aircraft that behaves properly, share this information with us.

b) Performance: Most aircraft programmed for usage by the user require many resources, typically all resources of an actual PC. The technology of the stock aircraft and all AI aircraft, to switch to simpler models when further away, is not programmed into the famous beautiful models. So one of them may well ned 200 or 1000 times the resouces of an anverage MTX aircraft, resp. 50 to 250 times of the competitors and freeware models. So you can afford to have one or two of them on your airport, but not dozens or hundreds, or our PC might be a factor of 100 too slow.

It makes no sense to develop schedules with 500000 other flights around you, that is like searching the needle in the hay. Once you have developed your schedules, you can import them and they will have priority over the automatic ones.

You find the log file in the MyTraffic folder, just sort the files by date and you can see what you are doing.