The simFlight Network Forums

Roaming problem

Hello,

I get this message, I think there is a problem with FSUIPC, he starts everything fine untill 68% after that he stops and close FS2004

I'm using Vista 64 Bits and FS 2004. I allready reinstall FS for sure.

C:\Users\Onderwater\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9\fs9.CFG.txt

C:\Users\Onderwater\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9\dxdiag.xml

C:\Users\Onderwater\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9\scenery.cfg

C:\Users\Onderwater\AppData\Local\Temp\WER22FA.tmp.version.txt

C:\Users\Onderwater\AppData\Local\Temp\WER34A7.tmp.appcompat.txt

C:\Users\Onderwater\AppData\Local\Temp\WER35E0.tmp.mdmp

I have the legal download of FSUIPC4.dll

[General]

History=MUBZS6QQBLJ419JC892MY

TCASid=Flight

TCASrange=40

TrafficScanPerFrame=10

AxisCalibration=No

CentredDialogue=Yes

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressSingleline=No

SuppressMultilineFS=No

ClearWeatherDynamics=Yes

OwnWeatherChanges=No

WeatherReadInterval=4

MoveBGLvariables=Yes

TimeForSelect=4

WeatherReadsFast=No

MainMenu=&Modules

SubMenu=&FSUIPC ...

Attachemnt is a picture of the module map of FS 2004

post-29282-128689654327_thumb.jpg

I get this message, I think there is a problem with FSUIPC, he starts everything fine untill 68% after that he stops and close FS2004

Oh dear. You forgot to tell me what message you actually get! And I've really no idea what you mean by the title "Roaming problem". Why do you think it has anything to do with FSUIPC? Just because everyone always blames FSUIPC first?

None of the other information you presented is at all useful or relevant to anything FSUIPC does or needs. I'm not sure why you presented it. The only thing useful from FSUIPC is the FSUIPC Log file, from the FS Modules folderand of course the FSUIPC version number, which is ALWAYS needed.

If you mean, by "until 68%", that FS is still loading and gets to 68% then crashes or hangs, then it is likely that one or other of the files it needs for that part of its loading is corrupted. What does it say it is loading at that time? That would be a clue.

Regards

Pete

This is the message i've got after loadign FS between 68 and 70%

C:\Users\Onderwater\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9\fs9.CFG.txt

C:\Users\Onderwater\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9\dxdiag.xml

C:\Users\Onderwater\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9\scenery.cfg

C:\Users\Onderwater\AppData\Local\Temp\WER22FA.tmp.version.txt

C:\Users\Onderwater\AppData\Local\Temp\WER34A7.tmp.appcompat.txt

C:\Users\Onderwater\AppData\Local\Temp\WER35E0.tmp.mdmp

fsuip.ini

[General]

History=MUBZS6QQBLJ419JC892MY

TCASid=Flight

TCASrange=40

TrafficScanPerFrame=10

AxisCalibration=No

CentredDialogue=Yes

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressSingleline=No

SuppressMultilineFS=No

ClearWeatherDynamics=Yes

OwnWeatherChanges=No

WeatherReadInterval=4

MoveBGLvariables=Yes

TimeForSelect=4

WeatherReadsFast=No

MainMenu=&Modules

SubMenu=&FSUIPC ...

This is the message i've got after loadign FS between 68 and 70%

What is the message? Sorry, you seemed to have missed it again!

Why is the title "Roaming problem"? What do you mean by that?

Why do you think it is anything to do with FSUIPC?

If you do think it is FSUIPC, why have you not shown me the FSUIPC log file and not stated the Version number as requested?

Pete

Where can I find the log file, so I can send it to you.

It is in the FS Modules folder, next to the FSUIPC.DLL, the FSUIPC.INI, the FSUIPC.KEY. It is called FSUIPC.LOG, strangely enough! You have Windows Explorer set to hide the proper filenames from you so you have to find it some other way or change the Explorer options not to hide fiel types!

But before you do that, I'd still like to know what error you are getting. Please can you tell me what happens and what error you are getting? Else it is pointless showing me anything.

Also, please tell me why you think it is anything at all to do with FSUIPC and what version of FSUIPC you are using!

You seem to want to make me ask the same questions over and over! :-(

Pete

I've the zipfile here FSUIPC4329. So maybye I need to install this, please tell me then where.

You are running FS9, which needs FSUIPC3, not FSUIPC4. Discard FSUIPC4329, which is not only out of date and unsupported, but is for FSX in any case.

Maybye this will give you more idea's to solve mine problem.

It certainly does. Why didn't you just state the message instead of taking a picture? Surely it would have been easy enough instead of listing all that other stuff which was totally irrelevant!

It says you are running Version 9.1 of FS2004 and you are trying to run a VERY VERY old version of FSUIPC3, which doesn't know anything about FS9.1 because that was invented long afterwards.

Just download the current, supported version of FSUIPC (3.85) and install that instead.

Please NEVER come here asking for support without first making sure you are up to date. If you look in the Announcements above you will see plenty of information to help, including a list of supported versions. Please refer to it!

Regards

Pete