The simFlight Network Forums

how to use my schedule plane to a particular airport

pavlos

i have schedule 2 planes to an airport but when i go in flight sim i cant find it it says departure 00:00 put that time the plane is not at the airport is there anything esle i neeed to do because this process is complete? i even check departures and its there in my traffic editor and also if something goes wrong how do i reset the traffic back to its default for mytraffic ??

The schedules are shown in GMT - you will need to visit the airport using this time zone.

Have you copied the TrafficDatabaseBuilder.exe file over to your MyTraffic folder? I use manage airlines to add simple connections between airports. I then create all files and traffic. This process may take up to 5 minutes, but probably less.

Back up your MTX_52.myt file before attempting to add traffic. This file should be kept safe as it's your base. If you decide to add traffic then simply rename the file (save as another name) and continue to use the renamed file as you add more traffic.

If you have never copied TrafficDataBaseBuilder.exe to your MTX folder then this would explain why you don't see any traffic that you have added. You must own the delux version of fsx (professional or gold) and have installed the correct SDK for the version you are using (rtm, sp1 or sp2). You will find the file in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK directory assuming you have installed the SDK to its default location. Once you have copied the TrafficDataBaseBuilder.exe file to your MTX folder then re-run the "create all files and traffic" and you should see your AI.

Burkhard is the best person to answer these questions, but my experience has been that it depends on many factors including the airport schedule, parking quantity, types and sizes etc. If you schedule 4 or 5 flights into EGLL you probably won't notice any impact. If you schedule 4 or 5 flights into an airport with 10 parking spots you will probably notice an impact.

• 2 weeks later...