The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC/Mouse Macros/GoFlight RP48

abz

Hi Pete: I have 2 GoFlight RP48 modules that I would like to use with FS2004 using FSUIPC and your Mouse Macros. I read the GoFlight paragraph in your manual but would like a little more information to get this started. First can this be done using Mouse Macros? If so, can you give me a little direction on how to proceed? I know how to program the macros using FSUIPC and my CH Throttle Quadrant and it works very well but wanted to add the 2 GoFlight RP48's that I have not used for some time. I like the idea of possibly using the rotary switches (and buttons) for various functions in the Flight1 ATR 72-500 plane. Thanks, Al

First can this be done using Mouse Macros?

FSUIPC Macros, whether for mouse actions or anything else, are merely additional controls, added to the drop-downs for assignment just like any other FS or FSUIPC control. So whether you use a joystick, a keyboard, a GoFlight unit, an EPIC unit or, indeed, on of the PFC digital controllers, it is irrelevant where the controls come from. They are assignable because they are listed.

If so, can you give me a little direction on how to proceed? I know how to program the macros using FSUIPC and my CH Throttle Quadrant and it works very well but wanted to add the 2 GoFlight RP48's that I have not used for some time.

There's absolutely no difference. Surely, you have tried before asking? The only difference is in the joystick numbers for GoFlight devices -- ordinary joysticks are numbered 0-15. GoFlight devices have much higher numbers. But you have no need to worry about that.

Pete

Thank you Pete. Welcome back. Hope you had a relaxing trip visiting your son. To answer your question. No, I had not tried yet. But after your reply, I went ahead and installed the GoFlight program and got things working fairly well except for the rotary switches. They are now partly working. If I turn clockwise, say one notch, the response, for example on the IAS, is an increase in 1 knot. If I turn another another notch, no response. It is only every 2 notch turns that I get a single response.

I quote you from a previous thread: "FSUIPC just sees the each dial on the RP48 as a set of 4 buttons -- fast left, slow left, slow right, fast right." What do you mean by this? How do I get the rotaries working so that the response is one for one? There must be something else I need to do that I missed.

Thanks, Al

... and got things working fairly well except for the rotary switches. They are now partly working. If I turn clockwise, say one notch, the response, for example on the IAS, is an increase in 1 knot. If I turn another another notch, no response. It is only every 2 notch turns that I get a single response.

I thought that was explained in the documentation? Those rotary switches operate like toggle switches. One lick -> on, next click -> off, and so on. If you want every click to count to have to program both press and release.

I just checked. The answers to your questions are in the user guide, and even in the right place -- the section about buttons. Have you never looked? Things like this are explained there for a reason, so that you can easily find out how to use the facilities provided!

I quote you from a previous thread: "FSUIPC just sees the each dial on the RP48 as a set of 4 buttons -- fast left, slow left, slow right, fast right." What do you mean by this?

Exactly what I said, and as explained at greater length in the documentation, which is why I wrote it. Please read the section entitled "Programming the buttons". I shouldn't need to repeat extracts here! :-(

Pete

Exactly what I said, and as explained at greater length in the documentation, which is why I wrote it. Please read the section entitled "Programming the buttons". I shouldn't need to repeat extracts here! :-(

Thanks Pete. You are absolutely right. I do not want to create any more work for you. You already give so much of your time to all us users. Sorry, but I initially quickly looked on page 26 under Buttons and totally missed the information on page 28 about Pogramming the Buttons since I did not see it in the table of contents. Should have kept reading on. It was all there. An over site on my part.

As always, thanks for your help, Happy New Year. Al

I initially quickly looked on page 26 under Buttons and totally missed the information on page 28 about Pogramming the Buttons since I did not see it in the table of contents.

Ah, sorry. But not all the paragraphs within each main section feature in the contents list -- I really wanted to keep that to one neat page. I found the relevant parts myself, just to prove to myself they were actually there still, by using search (using the word "GoFlight"). Searching usually finds things pretty quickly. If it didn't I'd have to generate an IndexUgh. ;-)

Regards & Happy New Year,

Pete

Hey Pete: You just taught me something totally unrelated to fsuipc. I did not even see the 'search' function on the pdf file. I can't believe I have looked at so many pdf files over the years but never used the 'search' function before. You learn new something every day. Great.

Thanks again. Take care. Al