The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
flying-w

Product ideas for 2009

As we line up on the final approach to 2009, it's time to think about the directions we might travel next year with super traffic board. I've had lots of great suggestions over the course of this year from the community, many of those made it into V2.1 and it's a real pleasure to read your enthusiasm for the experience the product gives you. If you have more ideas, I'd be glad to see what we can do with them. So let me know here, by PM or email and let's look forward to an exciting 2009 for flight simulator!

Regards

Simon

Many thanks to all that replied (mostly by emails and PM) and we have some excellent suggestions. I won't say too much about them right now since all will need study to see what can be made to work in FS. However one I will talk a little about is "AI Radio".

In STB V2.1, we introduced a facility called "Shadow AI". This can help out your experience with certain airport sceneries, and introduces the possibility of new camera angles concerning AI aircraft. An unexpected bonus discovered by one of the beta tests is that Shadow AI gave us a partial capability of listening to the radio exchanges between the AI pilot and ATC. I really liked that, and the "AI Radio" feature is designed to expand that to offer full radio coverage for all parts of an AI flight. If it works out, you'll be able to hear the AI Radio all the way from clearence delivery at departure airport to ground instructions at the arrival.

If all goes to plan, and we are still at early stages, I hope I can release an update around April/May containing this enhancement. And of course to thank everyone for their custom it will be a free update.

STB would not be the product it is today without a very dedicated and hardworking alpha/beta team. There's always room for more, so if you are interested in helping with testing and getting your hands on early code to try out, please contact me!

Regards

Simon