The simFlight Network Forums

MyTrafficX Deinstallation problems

macroth72

Hi,

I had some troubles with the boxed version and wanted to deinstall it. Maybe I did something wrong during this process. At this time I have no entry in the scenery library, I deleted the whole Mytrafficx folder with all files and I have no entry in the vista control center which can be deinstalled. As far as I can see I have no Mytraffic entries left anywhere. When I try to do a reinstall I receive this error message:"MytrafficX is already installed. Please uninstall MyTrafficX before you running this installer again".

Does someone have an idea, what I hve to do to get it installed again....? :?:

I have no idea where to look....

Any help is welcome

Thanks

Kai

This is a problem specific to the Aerosoft installer, so please contact their support - I know nothing about their installer and even don't have a copy of their actual version. My technical understanding is that they have written something to the registry.

I hate Uninstallers - since Windows 2000 it can be easy proven from first principles that they cannot work. Just install and deinstall a fresh XP ( Vista still worse) and install MS Office, Acrobat Reader and a few other applications in random oreder and deinstall them in random order, after to to 15 turns Windows will not even boot...