The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Derek T

Unable to connect to FS2004

I was given FS commander for Xmas and when I try to connect to Fs2004 I get either error msg 10 or error msg 2 depending on whether Fs2004 is launched or not, I have tried everything in the manual but to no avail, can anyone help please. Derek T

Hi Volker, I have read the topics you mentioned but you must excuse me, I am 71 years old and not too I T literate, however I am 1) operating FS 2004 (FS9); 2)Using one computer; 3) Have FSC8 and database manager 8; 4) I have the Aerosoft version (ie the bought one); and 5) I am operating Windows XP. I have FSC working and it looks brilliant if I could connect to FS2004 I would be extremely grateful. Much obliged for your prompt reply. Derek

Hi Volker, sorry to be a pain but am still unable to connect FS Commander wit FS 2004. I was running 2004 version 9 so have downloaded and installed version 9.1 as recommended. When installing FS Comm. it states FCUIPC 3.75 or higher is req`d. I tried installing with this prg. but to no avail. I downloaded P Dowsons 3.85 as you suggested from WWW.schiratti and tried to install this to FS2004 but no joy. I am not sure if I did this correctly as I am not too competent, could you please advise as I do not want to have to operate FSC as aflight planning tool only, good as it is. Regards Derek

Hi,

Installing fsuipc is not a very hard job, simply open zip file downloaded from shirati website

Once file zip opened, extract the fsuipc.dll into folder named "Modules" located in your Flight Simulator directory.

Read the textfile in file zip

"If you cannot see FSUIPC.DLL in this package it is because you have Windows setr to hide DLL files from you!

PLEASE READ THE USER GUIDE. It tells you how to fix your Windows settings!"

Regards

Gerard

Hi Gerard, thanks very much for your kind advice, Ifinally managed to sort it by deleting all the FSUIPC file I could find and there was a few, and then opening the zip file I had downloaded and allocated it to FS9 modules folder and lo and behold- success although I think it was more to luck than anything else as I am not too IT literate (71 years old but love flight sims and anything to do with flying) sorry to go on but what is the best way of operating FSC and FS9 with one PC?

Once again thanks for your help. Regards Derek

Hi Derek - 71 years young and getting into computers - great. I am just coming up to 64 and love FS as well.

Now - are you a member of a virtual airline? I ask because with some you can get very good instruction but would need a headset and microphone combined (not expensive) and you could then get verbal instructions via Teamspeak (that's free) or similar. The one I belong to is FlyUK although it matters not where in the world you live. We have excellent instructors who can give you all the help you may need. Click on the banner below and it will take you to the site where you can have a good look around. If you want to discuss this off forum just send me a private message - just click WFH (in blue above).