The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dejavu1953

To Volker

Hi Volker

I make the change like you said last msg the original :http://www.ivao.aero/network/metar.asp replace to: ftp://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/data/observatiar/cycles/

Doens't work maybe miss something in URL ??

Well with the original works after the msg "invalid URL for weather file" and with the new URL the same msg but...nothing happen...

best regards

luis

Hi Luis,

I try to be always friendly however in this case i wan't to ask You, why you dont read the file Fsc842PatchEng.txt which was include the Patch.

Here reread again to:

Some users reported that even after the original patch 8.4.1, weather download continued to be impossible. What apparently happened is that

access to the ftp server was possible without any problems; however, the weather file could not be copied from the server to your hard disk

from within FS Commander. Theoretically, there are "millions" of reasons why this should happen. Since FS Commander uses Window calls for the

copy process, we can reasonably assume that some individual Windows settings prevent copying from an ftp server. This may range from a

specific firewall setting to all kinds of other security setting. This patch allows you to manually access the ftp server at

ftp://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/data/observatiar/cycles/

and again manually copy the weather file onto your hard disk.

IMPORTANT:

Note furthermore that you download only ONE file which corresponds to the current Zulu time.

IMPORTANT:

a. the file must be copied into the /database subdirectory.

b. the name of the file must not be changed.

Choose subsequently Weather --> Show weather

Friendly regards,

Volker

BTW please don't create allways a new thread for the theme, just using the current one .

Hi Volker

No problem, sorry to disturb.

all the best

luis

note: it works with the original URL and the Patch like i told you last msg, if for any reason stop work than i dedicated same time to fixet. Thanks for your atention and simpaty. Fantastic Program congratulations again