The simFlight Network Forums

DX10

Sanal

Yesterday I purchased My Traffic from Sim market and downloaded. I did have UT Traffic before purchase and I un-installed from FSX. I followed the all instructions as much as possible. I am using DX10 mode. Not Dx9. I have no single My Traffic Planes in KJFK airport. Question is what am I doing wrong? I checked 2008 DX10.

Regards

Sanal

UT uses legacy Ttools compiled flight plans, which are not compatible with fsx TDBB compiled flight plans. FSX will ignore the MTX flight plans so long as UT flight plans are present.

Uninstalling the program will not remove the flight plan. Try searching your scenery\world\scenery folder for a file called traffic.bgl or traffic1.bgl. Place a .passive after the file once it's found.

Delete the files traffic.bgl and trafficAircraft.bgl. You will not be able to rename trafficAircraft.bgl to .passive because that file exists already. From the appearence of this file as double I conclude that you must have run a FSX repair after installation of addons - something you should never do, because the FSX repair does not assume any addon to be installed, and may produce anything but a working installation in the presence of addons.

Burkhard,

I made the changes and it is working. Wow.. I airlines lined up at airport.

My PC performance at major airports around 10Fps Now it went down to 4-6 FPS.FSX traffic slide at 30%. Is it normal???

PC Mfg:Dell

Window Vista 32 Home edition

Model: XPS 420

Processor: Intel ® Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600@2.40 GHz 2.39 Ghz

Ram Memory: 3070 MB

Graphic Card: Navidia 8800 GT

Put the scenery density to dense or very dense, but not to extremely dense. With extremely dense, all of the relevant resources just go into moving of jetways to the doors of the aircraft, and that explains the low rates. If you did not change to the slower airports, this might bring a factor of 3.

On a slightly slower hardware, I see at EDDF with 100% MyTraffic 5-6 fps with extremely dense and 18-20 with very dense.

Don't forget that the cost of jetway docking is huge (for all AI packages) and you will notice a performance hit until they are all connected up.

Regards

Simon

i notice that when i start up fsx and i fly around if im at EDDF ill start at around 17 fps then as the jetway finished docking at the planes iit gradually goes up to 22 or 26 fps.

also try turning lens flare off and target frame rate to unlimited.

The last point I strongly contradict.

When you switch frame rate delimiter to unlimited, you order your system to put all resources to fast graphics, and it does so. This means that many other instances in FSX will not get enough resources, run into timeout and not work properly. Among these are

- Texture loading - blurries or unsharpness

- Air Traffic Control - calls come to late, get forgotten

- AI planes never come to landing

- AI planes stand forgotten

- AI planes go to wrong parkings

Scenarios that are heavily loaded with scenery, AI or autogen all benefit from frame rate unlimited on my system (and others too as it appears on avsim). When I am a pilot I am quite prepared to live with those penalties that Burkhard describes, because if I try to lock the frame rate the sim is unplayable. For instance I might get 22fps unlocked in one of these scenarios. Let's say I try to lock at 20, giving away up to 2fps to other subsytems. Then the sim dives to an average of around 15 with stutters.

On the other hand, if I am spotting I lock the frame rate every time, since it's more important that the AI aircraft follow their lifecycle. Indeed I even use the Flying-W invisible user aircraft to liberate a few extra cycles.

Regards

Simon