The simFlight Network Forums
boing71234567

boing's Tu 154 paint thread

THIS PLANE IS OUT OF THIS WORLD! :mrgreen:

sorry it took so long, since i didnt get great pictures i had to hand paint most of it. im sure you can make out the not hand painted part (the kolavia logo)

note: the flags were moved back to not interfere with the cockpit window after this picture was taken.

next: Belava

fix to this is on page 2!

post-25921-128689657243_thumb.jpg

belavia on approach to an airport i forgot. this is the last plane of the night with Kyrgystan Airlines starting off tomorrow. while i re stock on planes i need help finding pictures for

china government

iran air tour

and air manas

also any questions or comments are welcome.

-thank you

tu154_belavia.zip

post-25921-128689657419_thumb.jpg

I was too slow, first thanks to boeing to start this, and here is the finished model for those of you who want to play with it. I included the files that are needed to be used as auser plane, for the time being you can add it into the simobjects/airplanes folder and "fly" it.

Tu154MX.zip

thanks, i couldnt find anything new put in, in the Tu154_t file so i think im all right. but if i missed something please tell me. also why are the inside of the engines black and not swirling around?

-thank you

You may want to have a look at the curves around the nose on Belavia and Taban. Maybe they are correct according to real life, but in the bitmaps they do not follow consistent arcs. That makes the width of the different color bands vary when I think they should all be of consistent width.

Regards

Simon

sorry i couldnt get a lot done today, ive had a very buisy and bad day but at least its over, i am 99.99% sure i will get more done tomorrow (extra .01% is if my computer crashes) also i am re-measuring belava and taban and i havent found anything yet but ill keep looking.

-thank you

next: i cant find Kyrgystan OJSC so next would be Tajik Air.

tu154_Kyrgystan Airlines.zip

post-25921-128689657458_thumb.jpg

Look at the while lines, between the blue and grey. The top white is not too bad, but does not quite follow the same curve as the blue border above. The bottom white line curves down to early, and ends up being wider in the middle than at either end. You should redraw the grey line below to keep the white line above at constant width.

Another comment is the tail logo is quite blurred. Can you find a better source?

Regards

Simon

post-22939-12868965741_thumb.jpg

I can comment that finding sources for Russian aircraft is far more diffícult than for Western airliners - there is an order of magnitues less material to search. As example airliners.net has three pictures of the Krygystan Tu154 - and only on is usable. Kras Air and Aeroflot and Rossiya are more frequent.

[attachment=0]ScreenShot001.jpg[/attachment]

Look at the while lines, between the blue and grey. The top white is not too bad, but does not quite follow the same curve as the blue border above. The bottom white line curves down to early, and ends up being wider in the middle than at either end. You should redraw the grey line below to keep the white line above at constant width.

Another comment is the tail logo is quite blurred. Can you find a better source?

Regards

Simon

thanks i didnt see this, is taban the same way?

Nice ones...

thanks but i had to update kyrgystan cause if you look at a photo of it on airliners.net the red lines across the tail and fusalage stops at every doors and 4 windows so that is all fixed now but i cant post a new picture.

-thank you

here is tajik air, this one had a lot of pictures but they were all at different angels or at night. i know some things dont look very good (like the title) so ill keep looking for the right one. if you want me to change something other than that just ask me.

next: i cant find Bulgaria Gov or Slovak Gov so next will be Air Koryo, i am sorry i cant paint all of these airlines but i cant find pictures for those.

-thank you

tu154_tajik air.zip

post-25921-128689657544_thumb.jpg

If you go to airliners.net and select, from the photo search page, the Tu154 and country Slovakia, there are enough for that one...

thanks both of you. i bookmarked the airliners.net page and ill post it here, amd for flying-w: i will get that done but the light blue and really light blue look fine to me and now i see the dark blue needs some work were it starts to curve, is that what you were talking about?

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.sersion=6.0

-thank you

thanks for showing me this aircraft Burkhard! took me a little longer cause i hand painted it and i checked it and re checked it cause if the curves on the fusalage and tail. if anyone who is looking on this topic finds a plane i didnt find please tell me so i can paint it.

next: air koryo then will be russian state government.

@Burkhard: would russian government be called Russia State Transport Company on airliners.net? cause on this photo it said " One of four Russian Government planes for the visit of Vladimir Putin today." but its called Russia State Transport Company when i searched for it.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russia-S_id=NEXTID

-thank you

tu154_Slovak Gov.zip

post-25921-128689658045_thumb.jpg

here is air koryo. this airline is like american airlines at TJSJ, there is a lot there but not enough to hog the whole airport like delta and KATL, also it operates mainly at ZBAA. the flag was the hardest part so does that look ok? this is it for the night cause before i can start russian government i need to know if the link in the last post is the right plane. as usual any questions or comments are welcome.

also i looked at a picture of 223rd Flight unit and it looks like the same plane i said about in the last post. (i need an Aspirin) :lol:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitledid=1124782

-thank you and good night

tu154_air koryo.zip

post-25921-128689658065_thumb.jpg

No Aspirin, Aspirin is a chemical drug which in the optimal case only makes twice the damage than it does good.

While the difficult part of the two planes is the same, they are different in tail and titles. Russia State is flying for the Russian Government, the Il96 mostly used for the president and prime minister. The 223rd unit is a part of the Airforce, doing VIP flying, mostly some marshals and high general and the minister of defense...