The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
barrendrop

Transitiona Altitude

Derek,

For almost any airport in the world there are high quality charts available. Sometimes you can obtain for free the actual charts from the aviation authorities (I know for a fact this is the case in the USA, the Netherlands, the UK and Spain).

Derek,

Where I use FSC for is showing my flightplan on a map and for looking if I'm flying into controlled airspace (online flight). If you use the maps only for the TA then you are missing a lot. On a map is also the missed approach procedures, lost comm procedures, minimum altitudes, circling minima and all of that stuff. If you use all off that then you realize that charts are a necessity for flying and using them will make your Flightsim experience more enjoyable.

And don't forget it is more fun for the controller also if there is a pilot flying outbound or inbound who has his act (charts) together.

And don't forget it is more fun for the controller also if there is a pilot flying outbound or inbound who has his act (charts) together.

And it is a heck of a lot more fun for a pilot if having to make an emergency landing he can get the TA quickly rather than having to go into a website to check a chart (unless of course one has the chart for every airport en route - I think not :wink:) Real pilots (and good Sim pilots) don't hit the pause button.

If it could be put on the ToDo list at some time in the future that would be nice.