The simFlight Network Forums

Aircraft specific assignements

Hi all,

sorry for my question, I searched on the forum but won't be able to find an answer.

When you are assigning some button or axis you can check a box to tell FSUIPS that it's for a specific aircraft.

Specific aircraft means a model + a texture (for example: PMDG747 British Airways).

Is there a way to assign all the keys and axis for a model of aircraft in order that all the textures have the same config?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Sylvain

sorry for my question, I searched on the forum but won't be able to find an answer.

The answer is in the documentation supplied with FSUIPC.

When you are assigning some button or axis you can check a box to tell FSUIPS that it's for a specific aircraft.

Specific aircraft means a model + a texture (for example: PMDG747 British Airways).

Is there a way to assign all the keys and axis for a model of aircraft in order that all the textures have the same config?

Yes. Please refer to the documentation. In particular check the Appendix to the Advanced User's guide entitled "About the Aircraft specific option ....".

You might find it better in the long run to use the new Profile system, developed recently. This enables you to establish a profile of settings, with a name assigned by yourself, and assign aircraft to it as you need. To use this facility, please download the latest update from the "Updates" announcement above and read the short document about it included.

Regards

Pete

I read the doc few months ago and do not remeber of this part.

A few months ago? Maybe it was for an older version? You should at least be on version 4.40 (FSX) or 3.85 (FS9). There are later versions above, as I said, with newer facilities which may suit your needs better.

Pete