The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic future

Dear friends,

yoú may have read the notes that Microsoft top management has published plans to fire 5000 people yesterday, 1400 immediately. We have got positive note that the ACES team, responsible for Flightsim and Trainsim, is among the innocent victims of incompetent management decisions. Our deapest thoughts go with these programmers who have given us the basis for this beautiful hobby.

What does this mean for MyTraffic X? Well, I will continue as planned, with one little important difference. Until now I wondered who will fly first, FSXI or the Boeing 787? Now it is clear that the Boeing will be the first, so this will be the next aircraft that I will build as soon as my current project, the Yak 40, is done. Besides that, MyTraffic will continue to be the leading AI traffic solution for FSX, giving you more series, more airlines, more paints and more airports than all other packages and all web sites together, all this with much better performance. The near future will see the Russian airliners to be added, next an update of the military aircraft will follow, going to an update of the GA sector next year.

Burkhard

Any thoughts on the A350 and A400 (strictly speaking later is military, but that whole package sounds like it is coming soon)?

Regards

Simon

Burkhard

Thank you for your strong message of comittment to our passion and hobby.

The economic downturn is hurting many families, including my own.

The 787 is great news but I'm truley excited to hear your message of dedication to the program and the community.

Thanks for your note.

Bob Bernstein

KMEM

Thanks dor the encouragement. I started to build planes for FSX two years agao, and in these two years got 110 models. So if we have 4 years now left with FSX, I don't run out of themes, and don't have to redo anything...

That is the positive response that is needed and is being repeated by other top developers such as PMDG. Now from a development point of view there is no worry as to if and when the next FS will appear with all the ramifications that come with each new FS (although there has been no authoritative word from MS that it is cancelled as far as I am aware).

Obviously I feel for those who MS have let go as I do for all other employees and businesses that are suffering at this time all because of the greed and fraud of a minority. If hedge funds had been outlawed at the beginning I do not believe we would be in this state today.

I have bought MyTraffic for the last several versions. I love it and it simply is the best AI traffic program made. Your attention to what users want and details in that respect show how much you love what you do. And we love you for it!!! I very much respect what you have written.

As far as the destruction of the ACES team....makes one wonder, if they canned them ALL, will they just simply start their own company. I know some will say that surely MS owns every bit of code and all the thoughts those people ever had, but I have been in that business and know there are ways around that.

It's a testament to the amazing success of FS that the major players in the 2nd and 3rd party creations are pulling together and re-asserting their commitment to those of us that love this hobby!

Thank you!!!

- Greg

Microsoft already has announced an open positon for the team leader of a new team that will work on future flight simulation products, and rumors are this is already appointed to somebody from withing the FS team since long.

What this new product will be will be worked out within the next months. Also I expect that most of the ACES team members may be back in it. It just means that there will be no FS11 so soon as we were afraid of. Many rumors, and the word XBOX cannot be overheared - if this means that on the stable basis of FSX flight simulation games will be developped and published for XBOX than this is good, since it broadening the too thin costumor base. FSX is far ahead of times anyways, no need to be replace before 2015 when really new hardware concepts are available. Definitively, FSX is at the end of what can be done with a 32bit software.

Not planned currently, since VTBS is no active airport in FSX.

Will the downloads at Avsim not make it active (search for VTBS)

Of course making it active is possible, and maybe even some of them are good, but any professional product must be compatible to FSX, not to FSX plus another addon.

If you modify the airports either yourself or by downloading other peoples work, you modify your fsx world for you individually. How to adapt the AI traffic to your installed world is the main mission of the MyTraffic editor, so you can work yourself through the manual and do that - I cannot do it for you.

if you go to the my traffic editor manual and go to number 2 that says "2) How do I add a new airport to the editor?" and then if you click on the see discussion link under it, it will take you to the 20) In the Airport menu, what do the various options do? topic.

there is freeware that just adds it in fsx and doesnt have GA gates, just medium and eavy gates.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=fsxscen

its very easy to add the airport to my traffic and get AI there and you could even make it so that there are real life schedules (but you have to add the flights) if you truely want to i would number your steps just so you can fallow it and not do something wrong.

i.e:

1. do this

2. do this

3. etc

Simmarket VTBS says FS2004 only. Since it is not mentioned to support FSX, that may mean it has graphics problems in FSX if one were to try.

Regards

Simon

The AVSIM VTBS doesn't appear to have any approaches (ILS or otherwise) though both runways have a physical ILS. This means ATC will only give the user plane (AI plane) a visual. Not a big problem unless the airport goes IMC then user plane will be diverted. AI will continue to land.

An exclusion with new land class will also be required as this airport is new. This will require two .bgl files. Burkhard, are you interested in adding this airport to MTX?

Why not, since we added Kai Tek we are free to do what we want... It cannot be fully supported by a patch, since it would require new schedules which cannot go in a patch for size reasons. But 5.2a will get many "new" airports anyways just 3000 miles north of Bangkok.

Thanks, I see..

If I can continue to work 60 hours per week on MyTraffic, I expect to have the contemporary military side to be covered as good as the airlines with version 5.3b in Spring 2011. That's the time where the historical theme will come up, starting with aircraft liek the DC3, DC6, L1049, L1011, Caravelle, etc. Provided that there is enough interest in the historical theme at all, which I didn't get signalled by users yet.