The simFlight Network Forums
northcape

Request for next version

Hi,

between 10 nand 50nm there are 20 and 30 nm available.

By reading the manual you will find following information;

Instead using the Zoom menu, just using the + or - key or the PgUp or PgDwn key

or just click with the left or right mouse into the Zoom field at the statusbar.

More wishes?

Volker

Another request if possible - option to turn off screensaver and monitor standby while FSC is working. On long fly on network mode (sim on one computer, fsc on another) user don't touch FSC computer. So if FSC computer is configured to move monitor to standby then it can occure, so user need to wake-up monitor every time. It will be fine to add an option which will prevent from standby while FSC is active. Thank You!

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Screensavers are active or not according the your settings in Windows System Control. If you want to suppress screensavers, a simple mouse click in the System Control section will solve the problem. We do not think that FS Commanders should interfere with fundamental settings in your Windows setup.

Regards

Sascha

Hi, Volker and Sasha!

I hope that in the next version you'll fix a problem with decoding metar information, which shows negative dew points as positive,

and my main wish - to fasten METAR decoding, it really took ages to see it on the map :( . I even agree to download and put metar file manually.

Hi,

I hope that in the next version you'll fix a problem with decoding metar information, which shows negative dew points as positive

thank you for let us know about the missing minus sign for the dewpoint value.

You can hope that we will fix this within the next version.

...to fasten METAR decoding, it really took ages to see it on the map

I want to let you know that, while analyzing and reading the weather, more then 60000 Records

to compare with more then 20000 weather stations. Solution, call the service for a cup of coffee.

Regards,

Volker

Hi,

I can only repeat what I said in my previous post. FS Commander is NOT an FMC and therefore does NOT control altitude so that there is no need to make any entries accordingly.

Regards

Sascha

Small one (I think): would it be possible to get a button added to the left screen menu for "aircraft on map". I find when I just want to flip and look at something (ie. a VOR that's farther away) it's a bit of a pain to have to find the menu to go to, then click the correct menu item (I'm using the touchpad on my laptop) then go where I want on the screen and have to go all the way back up to the screen again.

Otherwise it's an excellent little program.

Thanks, Robert

Hi Robert,

would it be possible to get a button added to the left screen menu for "aircraft on map

We have done it on our ToDo List for the next version.

Regards,

Volker

And another button for GPS Window would be useful - move to another screen and the GPS window is still on top.

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Screensavers are active or not according the your settings in Windows System Control. If you want to suppress screensavers, a simple mouse click in the System Control section will solve the problem. We do not think that FS Commanders should interfere with fundamental settings in your Windows setup.

Regards

Sascha

Sascha, for example look at any movie player software - they block screensaver/standby_mode while they are running, so you can see movie without any actions (typing, move mouse etc) - you computer will never go sleep until these players are running. When you exit from player then your screensaver options continue to work as usuallly. Same behavior was implemented in Jeppview FliteDeck software - your computer never going to sleep while FliteDeck software receiving the gps data.

Hi Slako - you can turn those off yourself in the properties page (right click on desktop and click properties) - it should be in the screensaver tab with a power button - just alter to always on.

Hello,

What I wood like is to position the GPS-Window to another location when opening OR set the wind direction arrow to another place. So I do not have to position the GPS-Window everytime I call it. Not a big one I think.

regards

Uli

Hi Uli,

I think, it's a big one.

Do you think that the position you like will be accepted by other users?

Some like it on left or right, top or bottom, second monitor left or third right monitor at the right bottom corner and 5mm from the border,

but not more then 12mm from the bottom in the left corner of the second monitor.

Do you see the problem?

Regards,

Volker

Hi Slako - you can turn those off yourself in the properties page (right click on desktop and click properties) - it should be in the screensaver tab with a power button - just alter to always on.

Hi WFH

I know where I can turn off ssaver in my system.

It is a not what I asked.

I will exaplain.

I use FSC on my notebook (which uses the monitor standby feature to save battery when notebook without user's activity for a some time). Sim located on my desktop computer. They connected via WideFS.

During flight I use FSC for planning and map tracking. So notebook work a long time without my touch. And I asking a good feature which will prevent system to go to any power saving options (like monitor standby, sleep, screensaver etc) while FSC is working. I know that I can move mouse or turn off power features in system settings before starting FSC, however it is a not good for my usability. Many software do it by self without a problem. So I asked this feature in next version request if possible.

Hi,

Apologies in advance for making comparisons with FS Navigator, but one aspect of the FSNAV program was the ability to 'log on' to a private server with username and password. If this is possible to include in your FS Commander software then it would be an excellent feature in my opinion.

Thank you,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure what you mean because, a lot of user using the FSCommander in connection with a "Private Server".

So long a Client exist and this client is a part of the Multiplayer Function and can also feeding the data into the

Multiplayer session, then FSCommander will show any own data and also the other multiplayer aircrafts.

Regards,

Volker

Is there any chance that the confirmation box for downloads could be either dispensed with altogether or at least an item in settings that disables it. Even better - there is a lot of space for additional toolbar buttons - could there be either dedicated buttons or programmable buttons.

One more - move the mouse out of the flight plan strip when adding or amending a flight plan and it loses focus. Altering this would be good.

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure what you mean because, a lot of user using the FSCommander in connection with a "Private Server".

So long a Client exist and this client is a part of the Multiplayer Function and can also feeding the data into the

Multiplayer session, then FSCommander will show any own data and also the other multiplayer aircrafts.

Regards,

Volker

Hello Volker,

Thank you for your reply, I was mistaken regarding the functionality of FS Commander regarding multiplayer display. It was tested successfully last night on our server without the use of AI Bridge .

Thanks for your hard work, Dave.

Can the next version sort out distance to go to landing please. On my current flight the Arr button shows 088 miles yet adding up the figures in the flight plan this comes to 145 miles. Does it ignore the SID and STAR? An accurate figure would enable TOD to be calculated by the pilot.

Thanks

Hi William,

we'll think about this. The only problem that may arise is when you fly an FMC-control aircraft like the PMDG with an offset so that the waypoints in the GPS window are not automatically switched. But possibly there is a solution.

Regards

Sascha

Thanks for the reply Sascha. One more suggestion - the log is shown as an autolog but it isn't. It needs to be started each time. Is it possible to have an item in the setting to enable the log to be started automatically if there is a flight plan as with everything else that needs to be done it is sometimes easy to forget.