The simFlight Network Forums
northcape

Request for next version

Hi,

Besides making flightplans (flightlogs) in your program I use it as an electronic map to measure out distances and directions I need for my VFR flights. For that reason I would like a more realist and accurate map. I know it's probable a thing you are not able to do easy, but have you considered to change the default map? It would make FSC a more realistic program to work with.

Best Regards

Lars

Hi Lars,

your post is somewhat unclear. What is a more "realistic and accurate" map? Do you want to see a photograph your home? Possibly with your wife or girlfriend in the front door? What shall we do with posts like this one, except for wasting our time which could be spent on much more valuable things.

Regards

Sascha

What I meant was just some more soft and accurate coastlines. After all a modest suggestion. Sorry I was unclear in my proposal.

But Sacha:

Please spare me for patronizing answers in the future. No customer of your program deserves such behavior.

Regards

Lars

Hello,

set the wind direction arrow to another place. So I do not have to position the GPS-Window everytime I call it. Not a big one I think.

regards

Uli

I posted on this issue quite some time back................

a drag-and-drop option which was considered to be a good idea by the boffins at FSC :mrgreen:

But I love all the updates in the interim period :D

All new features are great. Encircled runway numbers are a great feature. Is there a way to get the real degree number with mouse over infobox? 'Couse the most bush runway don't have ils and there is very interesting which degrees the runway have.

Another question, a great tool will be a measure distance and degree tool. Let me explain how do i mean this. I hit with mouse button a VOR. Now i turn it on the map where i want and get a distance and degree to this point in a infobox or in feedline of fsc. You show only GPS Coord. There where space for more. Like VOR NIE/266/25, than i can look where are the point on map. The VOR is only example. The best where that you can do it with each point.

Hi, Team.

The 8.5 version is great. The few issues I had on 8.4 were corrected. Congratulations!

The only feature I did not like was about SIDS/STARS selection. The old way, when you had a diagram, although not perfect as sometimes zoom was not enough, could give you an idea of your approach while you were connected and flying.

The actual procedure is fine, as you set direct on map your approach but if you are connected, and all data is being collected on your route table, to see your STAR you have to disconnect and zoom to your dest airport.

In this case, you miss all data from the disconnection.

It would be great if we have a mix of both solutions, i.e., if you could 'pop-up' the destination airport with the STAR tablet to choose one.

Best regards

Schmid

Hi Schmid,

The actual procedure is fine, as you set direct on map your approach but if you are connected, and all data is being collected on your route table, to see your STAR you have to disconnect and zoom to your dest airport.

In this case, you miss all data from the disconnection.

are You sure that You have reading the current manual ?

Are You sure You have reading the part in the readme file which is comming with the update:

Status Label Aircraft

A right mouse click on the label toggles the "Aircraft on Map" function.

Using this function, it's not necessary to disconnect.

Regards,

Volker

Hi, Volker

Thank you very much for your kind explanation.

Yes, I have read the manual before posting as I have checked that feature and when I right click the aircraft label it just blinked in red, so I supposed it was not working. My mistake.

May I suggest you to change this in a way that when aircraft is 'not on the map' function we can see the label on another color (not just a blink)?

Best regards

Schmid

Hi Sasha!, Hi Volker!

Thank You for excellent work.

My question is about wind aloft on certain FL above waypoints along flight plan. With this information together with flight plan will be easy to calculate correct fuel amount. I used NOAA information around USA, but outside it is no info.

Seperate low VOR and high VOR with different color or turn On/Off each category on map.

Select airports with certain runway long to be visible on the map. (i.e. all Boeing and Airbus doesn't need airport with runway under 5000 ft.

Kind regards

Juliusz

Hey Guys,

A great program that I enjoy using.

One feature that I would like to see would be the ability to use VORs or NDBs as bearing points as I do not use FMCs.

e.g. You are flying into KSFO and need to get to TROSE intercept.

You know that TROSE int is 115nm from FMG VOR on the 182 radial and 27nm from MOD VOR on the 244 radial.

The info from the two VORs can be set and displayed on the map.

Sorry to mention FS Navigator but they had that feature and I found it very usefull.

Thanks

Dayle

Hi Dayle,

this feature are implemented for the VOR's. Just move the mouse over the VOR's.

Read also tthe current manual Page 17, chapter 3.1, mouse position.

Here you are find any information like Heading, Bearing, Distance for any waypoint like Intersection, Fix, NDB and VOR.

Regards,

Eric

Hi Eric,

Was aware of this but is there any way to plot it on the map so that its shows intersecting lines from different VORs?

Thanks

Dayle

After a few days thought, another request would be the ability to have an intermediate airport shown in the flightplan with the mae ICAO for that airport,.

i.e. Departing apt ABCD to MNOP, enroute you want to stop/T&G at apt EFGH and IJKL. The airports code for EFGH and IJKL should be shown in the Flipghplan instead of FIX 01 and FiX 02

Dayle