The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
boing71234567

boings Yak 40/42 paint thread

i decided to start this a day before the tu154's are done so everyone (who is interested) can download the template and if you want me to change something or if Burkhard has any updates it would be much easier.

91 AIRLINES!!!! :shock: this should be fun :lol:

-thank you

Yak40.zip

post-25921-128689661432_thumb.jpg

The front landing gear is a trailing type arrangement on the Yak 40, it just doesn't look right the way it is now. And the main wheels are out of proportion too, there should be more tyre and less wheel rim.

Lineup_of_Yak-40_at_Zhulyany_Airport.jpeg

Comparing with Andy's picture, the passenger door looks to big on the model too and is circular at the bot and bottom, not a straight rectangle.

Regards

Simon

Here comes a model with a modifed front gear and a rounder main door - more isn't possible without crossing triangles which means go back to start. So from texture point of view it should be final. Note that if you use this, dont overwrite the folder in MyTraffic\aircraft unless you do not mind to loose the old one.

YAK40MX.zip

here is kyrgyzstan, sorry it took me so long. i had a problem erasing the old door but since its an invisible problem (unless you put a color over it) than its fine. @Burkhard: on the template were it says Tu154, does that mean the plane uses that Tu154 livery?

next: tulpair

-thank you

post-25921-128689662488_thumb.jpg

Yak40_kyrgyzstan.zip

Have a closer look, a few things fixed now will be easier than later, and help your other paints.

The top of the door is not symmetrical. Look at the left and right curves, they are not mirror images. As far as I see in Andy's picture, they should be. Also, you have dirty pixels in the tail logo, the dark red ones.

Regards

Simon

Now it is too square, the top and bottom of the main door as seen in the photo I posted are actually perfectly round i.e. half a circle, with straight lines in between them, a kind of sausage shape.

EDIT: I've crudely edited it to what I think the door should look like, sorry the colour is wrong and that I damaged the window in the door, but you get the idea from my edit hopefully, it still isn't perfect but I was only using paint :oops:

Yak40_kyrgyzstan.zip

There must be something wrong with my eyes then, as the bottom of the door in this shot below doesn't look straight to my eyes. Your latest bmp file is definitely straight at the base of the door as I tried to explain earlier. Sorry to go on about it.

Lineup_of_Yak-40_at_Zhulyany_Airpor.jpg

The shape of the door texture is not something that can be chosen free, when you have a door that opens. So either we remove the door animation and you can paint it as you want, or the door remains as it is on my template. The problem is that you have a deformed cylinder ( the body ), which cas approx 2000 polygons. Cutting a door out of this is possible with streight lines. Cutting something that is really round requires at leat 20 sides instead of 4, so 5 times the mesh resolution, 50000 polygons, or so, which isn't an AI plane ( total polygon limit for FSX is 64K ).

Now, what I didis that I could contract some points in the upper half, which are ( due to the triangle structure of computer grafics ) not symmetrical, and cannot be made symmetrical, the one supplied is the best try - point arrangements are limited by requirements that triangle sides may not cross, and no angles should be too small. In the lower part, this is neither possible due to the way how the triangle lie, nor to support the ladder to fold out. So the door will be as in the template, or there will be no Yak40. Only compromise no moving door, no ladder, no cabin crew, no seats.

Or do you really want a door that opens and does not fit to the painting?

It's point of view, for my side I don't need such things like opening doors etc...

In my experience the Yak 40 has only one main door on the left side and there's no window in that door.

But maybe there exist some variations.

Gerry

OK Burkhard thank you for your explanation, I now understand that what we have been asking for is not possible. I too am of the opinion that opening doors are not needed, especially when most of the time the animations don't seem to work properly on the doors anyway i.e. the doors shut in a blink of an eye just after they have opened and stay shut. Other times I see aircraft taxing out and with the doors open still. I'd rather see better detailed landing gear rather than opening doors, but that is just my opinion.

If your AI is serviced by a jetway, you don't get to see the open passenger door anyway (hopefully!). If not, then the door being open without steps leads to many passenger injuries! For me improvements to undercarriage and undercarriage doors would be a good exchange, although I'd still wish to see the baggage doors being operational for airport vehicles.

Regards

Simon

Wirh all the possibilities that FSX offers, the wishes get extremely different. I heard of wishes to have passengers walk into the aircraft in addition to the moving vehicles, especially for communters, since that is 99% of what happens all the time on airports, while there is no way to observe the folding of a gear from a position that can enter without loosing your FSX pilot license. But not making these animations saves me days of work per model ( if I reuese the existing ones ) and weeks to make new ones.

You seem to forget that many of your customers like to just sit and watch AI traffic from time to time with Super Traffic Board or Mytrafficboard which allow us to view the AI aircraft from spot view real close up. Again when sat at the gate, you look over to your left or right to see an excellent plane next to you with a fantastic body but not so nice legs :), its in situations like this when the landing gear tends to let the rest of the excellent modelling down somewhat. But I do respect your decision Burkhard, you are the modeller not me.

I heard of wishes to have passengers walk into the aircraft in addition to the moving vehicles

i wonder who wanted this? :mrgreen: :lol: :oops:

here is UT air.

@Burkhard: is the wings suppost be curved up? (see second picture)

next: Bugulma

@anyone who knows Bugulma: which livery do they use?

this: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Bugulma-id=1294247

or this: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Bugulma-id=1354513

also i give my kudos to southwest for there new livery, im sure almost everyone on that plane loves it. :lol:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Southwes1480575/M/

-thank you

Yak40_UT air.zip

post-25921-128689662775_thumb.jpg

post-25921-128689662781_thumb.jpg