The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
boing71234567

boings Yak 40/42 paint thread

I heard of wishes to have passengers walk into the aircraft in addition to the moving vehicles

i wonder who wanted this? :mrgreen: :lol: :oops:

People on platforms was a design goal for train simulator 2, and the artwork assets on tsinsider.com suggested it was coming along well. Since they share (or were intended to share) a common platform, it's is not difficult to see how this technology might have been part of FS11. One of many might have beens....

Regards

Simon

Boing,

As mentioned, the original looks different, see picture (amount of windows, no window in the door, just one emergency exit)

Thanks anyway for your effort

Gerry

post-30012-128689662821_thumb.jpg

There have been different window layouts over the decades these aircraft have been done, on the screen shot on top of this page you see one window still behind the one with the emergency exist. Some rear compartments have been changed to cargo holds, removing the windows by aluminimu to save some weight later.

Making different windows arrangements though gets a nightmare to build the night textures and impossible to support in a product where a model has to be built for 4 cent and a paint for a tenth of a cent...

The position of all windows of all paints of a model must be the same, they are not at disposition. That very photo shows that one window had been closed.

Some Yak 40 have 8 windows each side, some have 9, on all the 8th is an emegency exit, on some the 5 is an exit, so if you remove the emergency frame around 5 that is fine with me. One thing I see after checking many pictures is that most of them do not have a window in the door, there I might have started from a rare case that had, so if we want we can remove the window in the front door everywhere, that is your choice.

By the way, things get much more complicated with the An24. Most of them have a passenger door in the tail, only some have on e in the front. Since there is no way to definitvely forbid parking at a jetway, tail boarding is incompatible with FSX resp would look funny, so we have to give a front door to all of them. FSX allows a lot that was impossible up to now, but at some places one runds against new walls.

tajik air, sorry i only posted 1 a day for the last couple days. ive fixed/cleaned up two planes and made two planes:

made:

1. KD avia boeing 737- 400

2. sun counry boeing 737-700 (with new winglets with sun country logo's on them)

3. lufthansa italia

fixed:

1. sun country boeing 737-800 (with new winglets with sun country logo's on them)

2. royal jordanian cargo airbus A310

i should be back to making 3 a day. (or more)

next: Vologda

-thank you

Yak40_tajik air.zip

post-25921-128689663416_thumb.jpg

air libya, Vologda was made and is now being checked by flying-w because since it is a very hard plane to make and there is only 1 good picture so i wanted it to be double checked just to make sure it is good. also i can't find Kirovohradavia so next is Rossiya.

-thank you

Yak40_air libya.zip

post-25921-128689663518_thumb.jpg

Syrianair.

@Burkhard: did i get the right livery? or do they use the Tu154 syrian livery?

next: Center-South Airlines only operates 1 Tupolev Tu-134B-3 and no Yak 40's and Petropavlovsk has no good pictures so next would be Vladivostok Air

-thank you

Yak40_Syrianair.zip

post-25921-128689663772_thumb.jpg

Volga-Dnjepr, i am very happy with the turnout on this plane.

next: there is no record of berkut flying a Yak40 and there is only 1 bad picture of Euro-Asia Airso so next would be russian government.

can someone help me find russian government? i know they operate a Yak40 but i cant find any pictures of it.

-thank you

Yak40_volga dnepr.zip

post-25921-128689663936_thumb.jpg

Vologda. a big thanks to flying-w for checking this to make sure its good.

next: i'd like to make Aerolimousine but i cant find a good logo for the fusalage.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Aerolimo_id=NEXTID

so next is Barkol but i need help finding the logo on the fusalage for Aerolimousine.

-thank you

Yak40_Vologda.zip

post-25921-128689664603_thumb.jpg