The simFlight Network Forums

New Install gone wrong??

I hope I am in the right place. Its late and I'm fried trying to install. Hopefully this is what you need to see if things are working correctly. Download seem to go ok, entered my registration number but I do not have the menu in FSX. Hit ALT to see if menu was hidden, no luck. I have no clue where to go from here. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

SailorDoc

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.40

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found later build SimConnect 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... No previous valid version found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Users\Phil\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\AppData\Roaming"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\Phil\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Application Data\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Contacts\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Cookies\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Documents\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Downloads\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Favorites\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Links\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Local Settings\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Music\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\My Documents\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\NetHood\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Pictures\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\PrintHood\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Recent\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Saved Games\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Searches\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\SendTo\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Start Menu\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Templates\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Phil\Videos\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

FSUIPC4.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix programno longer relevant

All installer tasks completed okay!

Registration for FSUIPC4 was successful! (result code 00)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

I hope I am in the right place. Its late and I'm fried trying to install. Hopefully this is what you need to see if things are working correctly.

The install was good, nothing wrong there. The important thing is whether there's a file called "FSUIPC4.LOG" -- i.e. the run-time log from FSUIPC. If there is one, please show it to me. If not then FSUIPC4 is not being loaded, which may mean you have me listed as an "Untrusted Publisher" through telling windows not to load my programs at some time.

Let's see if there's a run-time FSUIPC4 log file first. There should also be an FSUIPC4.INI (config settings) and, ofg course, the FSUIPC4.KEY file containing your registration (which you should backup for safety).

Regards

Pete

Pete, I looked and did not find the log. So can I back track and make you "trusted"?

Possibly. To change the status of a publisher you have to run Internet Explorer (it is the custodian). Tools-Internet Options-Content, "Publishers" button, Untrusted vs Trusted publishers.

If that wasn't the problem, please obtain a SimConnect log as instructed in the "FSX Help .." announcement above.

Regards

Pete

Pete is this what you are looking for? I followed the instructions per your previous post to the best of my ability. I'm no programmer or computer guru. I'm truly clueless. I am not sure as to what I should be looking for in either the Trusted vs Untrusted in IE Tools Options. So I am shooting in the wind. Any help greatly appreciated.

Phil

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.40 by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

User Name="Phillip Bivins"

User Addr="pkbivins@earthlink.net"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX on Windows Vista (SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=15

171 System time = 15:15:55

234 FLT UNC path = "\\PHIL-PC\Users\Phil\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

234 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

3385 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

3385 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

5990 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

5990 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

5990 FSUIPC Menu entry added

6052 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT

6052 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

31387 System time = 15:16:26

31387 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 2 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Pete is this what you are looking for? I followed the instructions per your previous post to the best of my ability. I'm no programmer or computer guru. I'm truly clueless. I am not sure as to what I should be looking for in either the Trusted vs Untrusted in IE Tools Options. So I am shooting in the wind.

Oh dear. Being a programmer or any sort of guru is nothing whatsoever to do with any of this.

The file you posted IS the FSUIPC4.LOG file which you said didn't exist! The fact that is DOES exist, and even says "FSUIPC Menu entry added" means everything is working. So there absolutely MUST be an Add-Ons menu containing FSUIPC!

Where on Earth are you looking? Do you know how to get to the FSX menu at all? The Add-ons menu will be the last item, to the right of all the others. The left most one is Flights I think.

Pete

Sorry Pete for being a smart A$$, more being frustrated than anything else. I apologize. To answer your question, I suppose I don;t know how to get to the menu in question. I fire up FSX and get the regular splash screen then on to Home, Free lessons, Missions etc. But I do not see anything to do with Add Ons. Thanks

Phil

I fire up FSX and get the regular splash screen then on to Home, Free lessons, Missions etc. But I do not see anything to do with Add Ons. Thanks

There's no menu there! Have you never got into FSX to fly? When you are ready to fly there's probably an aircraft control panel showing, and a view of the outside world?

Did you not read any of the FSUIPC4 User Guide? Right in the first section after installation and so on, the one headed "Okay, I’ve installed, and optionally registered. Now what?", it clearly says, right at the beginning:

With FSUIPC4 correctly installed, and Flight Simulator running and ready to fly, look at the FS Menu bar at the top of the screen. (Press ALT to bring it up if it is hidden).

The menu is a normal regular Windows-type menu bar which appears along the top of the FSX screen when you press ALT. It is where you can do all sorts of things in FS, like select flights, change aircraft, select views and panel parts, and so on. Even terminate FSX.

If you've not even flown FSX yet, I suggest you try before bothering about messing in FSUIPC. Then take a look at the menus and all the options you can explore in every part of FS.

Regards

Pete

Thank you Pete for hanging in there with me. Things are working! I hope I did not set off your blood pressure. Yes I have flown FSX though for a very short time. So you have my permission to take the rest of the night off! You have earned it! Thanks again and sorry for my ignorance.

Phil