The simFlight Network Forums
geejo

FSC Disappears (answered)

Hi

I am operating FSX with a downloaded version of Flightsim Commander V8.4,FSDB Manager 84, FSUIPC V4 on Windows XP Home.

I am finding that when i'm flying and call up FSC to see something and then alter a Zoom for instance, at the mouse click FSC disappears and I am back in FSX without seeing the change.

Is there anything I can do about this? :?

Regards

Geoff

Thanks Volker

I see that you have given the same answer to others with similar problems but with respect I'm not sure that answers the question.

(a) I'm not operating FSX in full screen mode and

(b) surely if it's a "Stand alone" program then switching from one to the other with Alt+Tab would keep one on screen till one once again pressed Alt+Tab?

Sorry to be a "so-and-so" but I'm confused. :(

Thanks again

Geoff

Hi Sascha

I have now bought the program so I really like it but I don't want it "always on top". In fact I don't have to. I can click on it in the Task Bar or I can use (as I mentioned before) Alt+Tab to switch from FSC to FSX and back but as soon as I alter something (or click on anything in FSC) it disappears before I see the results and I'm back in FSX.

Is there any way to keep FSC on screen after an alteration is made and before switching back to FSX?

Regards

Geoff

G'Day again Sascha.

I've finally figured it out! It's all to do with Options/Flight/Zoom with mouse wheel.

Doing that fixes it. Also fixes the GPS disappearing when in FS as well.:P Now I can really enjoy FSC.

Many thanks for your patience.

Geoff

After more than 6 years have passed by I stumbled over this thread, because I had a similar problem with the focus switching back to FS far too soon and by that also stealing it from FSInn. That is particularly annoying when you are typing in the chat window and suddenly something happens in FS without you having asked for it (or so it seems...).

When after a fraction of a second the focus jumps back to FS most everything you type in that window is sent to FS as a command leading to all sorts of erratic behavior.

This only happens when the GPS is connected to FS and (not sure but most of the time) only in windowed mode.

However, after a lot of experimenting I think I have found a way around this: " Focus back to simulator" is DEACTIVATED, so is "Zoom with mouse wheel" and "Move the map instead of the aircraft"

Now I can take as long as I need to type my messages and still have a moving map in FSC! All I have to do is click on FS if I want that to get the focus for any commands I need to put in. The joystick operation is not affected by this though.

So, even if the developer Sascha Felix in his message above claims that " We always give the focus back to FS, because otherwise you cannot handle FS", this works perfectly well. I can handle FS with my joystick all the time and all I have to do for keyboard handling is to give the focus back to FS manually. Simple as that....

I hope this will help someone with similar issues and I thank Volker Heine for putting me on the right track in an email he sent me.

Juergen