The simFlight Network Forums

Unusual Behaviour by A380

normandean

I have an unusual problem with the A380 at EGLL. When departing from any of the gates for A380s (301, 303, 305,307) when departure will be by runway 27L there is no problem and the aircraft depart as expected. However, if the departure is to be via 09R then the aircraft proceed at far as preflight and then stay at that condition. I have tried the same flights using Mehlin Rainer's model and there is no trouble at all, the aircraft departing by either runway as required. All other ground movements by other aircraft are as they should be.

I have FSX with Acceleration on Vista 64 home premium. The EGLL is the UK2000 Scenery FSX version, and the AFD file Is one I have producd myself for that scenery.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas?

Norman

No, clearance is not asked nor given. In fact it doesn't get that far, only as far as the fuel bowser approaching. What I find hard to understand is that for the other runway (27L) there isn't a problem. I have even tried putting in a dedicated taxiway to the runway with no improvement.

Norman

Here's a long shot. SuperTrafficBoard V2.1 included a new function to automatically release aircraft that sometimes became stuck in pre-flight support state. The trick is to send slew on/off commands to the AI aircraft and sometimes that gets them going. My experience of this phenomena is that it affects aircraft at random (and just a small number) so I can't say why you have it permanently in your scenario.

If you don't have STB, you can do the same with the FSX SDK if you have that. See the Traffic Toolbox Explorer.

Regards

Simon

Yes, the 747s do have the same cfg to all intents and purposes, but I have barred 747s from these spots, as there are only the four at EGLL. However 747s depart quite happily from adjacent gates.

Thanks very much for the slew on and off tip, I'll give it a try abd report back.

Norman

Yes, on my install all departures are from the 9R, and I saw an A380 taking off normally.

It can have to do with the parkings. So I understand now that the pushback does not happen, the baggage cart goes back, but no pushback? I had this a while ago with the DC8-61, another very long plane. The aircraft must be parked so that the front gear is on the tee-offset or how it is called, or at least the longitudinal coordinate of the first contact point.

If this theory is OK, they should work perfect if you switch off the ground traffic.

Well, Thank you for all your help, problem now solved. You gave me the clue with the comment about the longitudenal access and positioning on the "T" bar. The A380s follow a different path to other airliners at Heathrow, so the first lef of the taxi line in the AFD file is rather long. I simply placed a couple of nodes close to the four parking spots and all is now fine.

Evening line up Gates 310 to 305 EGLL

lmgngowljdglykof0jed.jpg

Departure of Emirates flight to Dubai; taxiing for 09R

wgmjrdy0ji3qzyowjzmv.jpg

Norman