The simFlight Network Forums

Problems with FSUIPC 4.433

Sir,

I've been a long time fan with FSUIPC, keep up the great work.

I started getting a Fatal Error message in FSX when I installed 4.433, every time I loaded any Wilco Aircraft 737, Airbus, Level D 767, and PMDG 744 and MD11 as soon as the program started. The strange part was when I loaded the default 737-800 and ended the flight, I can go and select the Level D 767, any PMDG aircraft and any WILCO aircraft afterwards. I'm not sure what's going on with FSX on my machine.

I reinstalled FSUIPC 4.413 for now and its working fine. I never had problems with FSUIPC interacting with PMDG, Wilco or Level D before. Any thoughts?

Sincerely,

Rudy

E6400 Intel Quad Core

4 GB Memory

Windows Vista Home 32 bit

nVidia 8800 GTX

FSX + Acceleration

I started getting a Fatal Error message in FSX when I installed 4.433, every time I loaded any Wilco Aircraft 737, Airbus, Level D 767, and PMDG 744 and MD11 as soon as the program started. The strange part was when I loaded the default 737-800 and ended the flight, I can go and select the Level D 767, any PMDG aircraft and any WILCO aircraft afterwards. I'm not sure what's going on with FSX on my machine.

I reinstalled FSUIPC 4.413 for now and its working fine. I never had problems with FSUIPC interacting with PMDG, Wilco or Level D before. Any thoughts?

Sounds like a timing problem in SimConnect as none of those FSX-designed add-ons use FSUIPC -- but they are all SimConnect users. There's no interaction with FSUIPC. What updates have you installed into FSX -- SP1 and SP2 or Acceleration? There were quite a few bugs in the original SimConnect, and really I wouldn't trust anything before SP2 for serious use.

When you say "every time I loaded any Wilco Aircraft 737, Airbus, Level D 767, and PMDG 744 and MD11 as soon as the program started", can you explain please? what is the DEFAULT aircraft being loaded before you change to one of those others? Are you loading FSX to the selection screen, or does it go direct into flight mode and then you change aircraft?

Can you provide any details about the crash at all, please? Like module name reported, and address -- from the details offered by Windows.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Thank you for your reply.

Please let me know if you require any additional info.

I'm using FSX+SP1+FSX Acceleration for my FSX system.

I receive a fatal error when the program starts at the Free Flight Menu.

-- My default flight I loaded for FSX has is the MSFS Boeing 737-800 at EDRZ (Zweibrucken), User Defined Weather

-- The program crashes after I select the Change Aircraft button and select any aircraft (MSFS Default Aircraft included)

A pseudo workaround is:

1) Load the default flight I have from the Free Flight Menu via the Fly Now! button

2) Once FSX has loaded the aircraft and scenery, End the Flight which sends us back to the Free Flight Menu

3) Once in the Free Flight menu, select desired aircraft.

I included the Windows Error Message I received.

Product

Microsoft® Flight Simulator X

Problem

Stopped working

Date

2/15/2009 6:15 PM

Status

Report Sent

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: FSUIPC4.dll

Fault Module Version: 4.4.3.3

Fault Module Timestamp: 49970699

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000325e2

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)

fsx.CFG.txt

dxdiag.txt

scenery.cfg

fdr.dat

DLL.xml

Version.txt

AppCompat.txt

minidump.mdmp

Extra information about the problem

LCID: 1033

Bucket ID: 1145033033

I reinstalled FSUIPC 4.413 and I have none of the described problems with FSX.

Thanks again for your help

Rudy

Please let me know if you require any additional info.

Yes, please could you post the fragment of FSUIPC4 log file which you get up till the crash? Just paste it into a message, please.

Also, if you have time, could you enable SimConnect logging (see the FSX Help announcement above for instructions) and obtain a SimConnect log leading to the crash? That will probably be quite large, so ZIP it up and email to me at petedowson@btconnect.com. Please include your FSUIPC4.INI file, from the FSX Modules folder too, in case it is some configuration dependent thing -- I'd need to set mine up like yours.

Thanks.

A pseudo workaround is:

1) Load the default flight I have from the Free Flight Menu via the Fly Now! button

2) Once FSX has loaded the aircraft and scenery, End the Flight which sends us back to the Free Flight Menu

3) Once in the Free Flight menu, select desired aircraft.

I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean that effectively you get the same flight, the default flight, loaded twice instead of once? Can you not successfully load aircraft whilst in flight mode, direct from the Aircraft menu?

So far I've not managed to create any crash here, no matter what the default flight aircraft is, and I've tried selecting both the PMDG 747X and the Level D 767. But I am using the Aircraft menu to select aircraft, as I normally do, rather than ending a flight. Perhaps I should try that instead? Otherwise if you could give the exact actual sequence you use which guarantees the crash, I'll try exactly that ...

I included the Windows Error Message I received.

Thanks. That should prove very useful. I'll work on this tomorrow (Monday) as I'm tied up this evening.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

I included the files you requested and you receive and email from me shortly using gmail. The Zip file has two folders. One has all the files running FSUIPC 4413 which I have no problems with. The second contains the files running FSUIPC 4433.

If there is any more info you require please let me know.

Thanks,

Rudy

I included the files you requested and you receive and email from me shortly using gmail. The Zip file has two folders. One has all the files running FSUIPC 4413 which I have no problems with. The second contains the files running FSUIPC 4433.

Thanks!

I've managed to reproduce the problem and I think I know what it is -- it only occurs when changing the user aircraft before the flight has finished loading to the point you are ready to fly. It looks like the user aircraft ID changes but by the time SimConnect tells me I've already requested data using the original ID.

If you only change aircraft in the Aircraft menu, after the flight has loaded, it's okay! So that's a much quicker "work around" than the one you suggested.

Normally I never even see the opening screen which you are using. I load all my aircraft and flights and so on using the normal in-flight menus. This is why I never saw this one. Thanks -- I'll get it fixed tomorrow. Look out for another update.

Regards

Pete