The simFlight Network Forums
bob026

X-plane v 9

Hope its soon.Since MS announced its plans for FSX I have seen a very large movement among my friends to X-plane 9. We are seeking a plan like FSC to work with x-plane.Thinking about it may take you out of them running as others are working on such plans right now.Who ever opens it up first will have a rush of new sales.

Would it be difficult to do Sascha.? Just check out http://www.x-plane.org and http://www.x-plane.com to see the activity of interest. New planes ,scenery and forums.

http://www.x-plane.com/ms_to_xp/ms_to_xp.html

Bob

Hello Bob, I still use FSC with X-Plane and today used it with FlightGear Sim. As I use it,it is a stand-alone program since I don't use the moving map thingy. It's very good for flight plans and having a handy map aboard. As you know I use FS9 and FSX with FSC. So far I use it with every thing I have. Heh, probably could use it with CFS2 or LOMAC, UBIsoft games.

1013 John

Hi,

in order to make FSC fully compatible with X-Plane, essentially two things need to be done:

1. for communication with FS we use fsuipc.dll. To the best of my knowledge, fsuipc.dll does not work with X-Plane, so we would need something similar in order to establish communication with X-Plane.

2. we would need to be able to read the scenery files X-Plane and for that we need to know its data structure. In other words, we would need to modify the Database Manager in such a way that it can also create databases from X-Plane. Currently we have no idea how to do that.

If anybody has some idea or information on how to solve these two problems, then we could that. But it is definitely a major undertaking.

Regards

Sascha

Hi John,

That's good you use it without the movinhg map,but what we are seeking as posted is the moving map.

To do so FSC needs to be changed to connect to x-plane 9 just like it does for FS9 and FSX.

Bob :|

Thank you Sascha for the follow up. Fully understand what you are saying. I will forward your response

to Austin Meyer the creator of X-Plane and let him take it from here.

Bob

Sasha, there is a navigation app available for X-Plane. Haven't tried it, and won't, as I don't use a moving map. Can't recall what the app is called but the X-Plane website has a link there. I bought X-Plane just to dig into it. You or Volker could read the hex and find the connection to the navigation app. I have confidence in you!!!

Stay with it men. I use FSC for everything. Just wondering, if FSC could make it with only the Lat/Lon from X-Plane. (As Google Earth does)?

Possibly Pete Dowson might have a suggestion.

One more note; The FSC Flight Data I use is from FSX. I think most everyone has that Sim. Also the man at FlightGear Sim has something to do with

the Data that X-Plane uses, and isn't that the Data you use for FSC? (Navigraph)

John

It would be very helpful if a flightplan could just be exported from FSC to X-Plane. Ernie Alston's FS Build which goes back several years, was one of the only flight planners I know that does have an export to X-Plane's generic FMC. As it is now, I use FSC to create the flight plan, then have to enter each navaid one at a time into X-Plane's FMC, or use FS Build and export. Connection to the moving map would be great, but just an export function from FSC would be great.

Jabe,

The link to FSC for X-plane works just fine as well as the moving map.It did not take long for someone to come up with it.Don't know why Sasha was so reluctant to make one.Perhaps she can make the export module for flight plans to X-plane.

X-plane is experiencing a very fast growth since FSX was cancelled.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Just one question: what do you mean by "link"? Does that mean that fsuipc.dll also taps X-Plane; i.e. the moving map of FS Commander also shows position data of the X-Plane aircraft? Could you please clarify.

Creating an extra option to save flight plans in X-Plane format should not be too much of a problem provided the file is not binary and/or too exotic. We put this on our to-do list for the next version.

The other compatibility issue is more serious because we would need to be able to read the scenery file and this won't presumably be possible without the help and information from Austin Meyers.

Anyway, we will look at X-Plane more carefully, but in order to achieve full compatibility some time is needed. However, we are getting at it.

Regards

Sascha

Sascha,

Here is a forum on the file.It is not made by FSuipc. It is simiilar in name only.It is called XPUIPC.The file is put into

the x-plane plug in directory.

I then Load FSC using the FS9 data base.After making a flight plan I connect to X-plane via the GPS in FSC.I am then able to

fly using the flight plan,with the aircraft icon indicated as it moves along the route in FSC.

These sites my help provide more information.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14897

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthrght=XPUIPC

http://www.mycockpit.org/

http://www.google.com/search?q=xpuipc&r-8&oe=UTF-

8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLJ_en

http://www.flightdecksoftware.com/conteeplacement

Hope these help.

Bob

Hi Bob,

first of all, thanks a lot for the information and for all the links you provided. We certainly appreciate that.

There is one more question which you will certainly be able to answer. From the relevant documents that we read so far, it seems that this setup works only, if X-Plane and FS Commander run on different PCs connected in a network; but not if the two programs run on the same computer. Is this correct?

Regards

Sascha

Sascha,

No, I run it on one computer ,with no problem.But i do have FSC on a 2nd monitor.The xpuipc file has two

installs,one for wide screen to be used if you have it installed on another computer may be what you are reading.The other file that comes with the install is for single computers.

Bob

Hi Bob,

that sounds like really good news, because it solves one of the problems that we may face for an X-Plane compatible version of FS Commander, namely reading the internal variables of X-Plane. For the other (major) problem, i.e. reading X-Plane scenery files with the Database Manager, I have contacted Austin Meyers to ask him to provide us with the necessary information. Hopefully, he will agree.

Since you seem to have a lot of experience with X.Plane and FS Commander, I would kindly ask you to contact me via e-mail (you find my address on our homepage at www.fscommander.com; for reasons of spams I don't mention it here), so, if any further questions arise, I can contact you directly via e-mail.

Anyway, if things continue this way, we will put X-Plane compatibility on top of our agenda.

Regards

Sascha