The simFlight Network Forums

Release documentation

Hi Pete, now that we have the PDF doc (excellent idea by the way) would it be possible to delineate changes for each release? Perhaps just a simple heading citing the version number and effectivelly grouping up the changes that go into each release. At the moment it's one big list of changes with nothing to say when each feature was introduced.

Ta!

Ian

Hi Pete, now that we have the PDF doc (excellent idea by the way) would it be possible to delineate changes for each release? Perhaps just a simple heading citing the version number and effectivelly grouping up the changes that go into each release. At the moment it's one big list of changes with nothing to say when each feature was introduced.

That's what the History document is for.

Regards

Pete

Ah, right, so when does the main PDF get cleared down? I look at it each time you release a new FSUIPC but find it hard to spot the difference!

I'm not sure what you mean by "Main PDF". All the FSUIPC documentation is supplied in PDFs in the ZIP (for FSUIPC3) or in the installer, for the Modules folder, for FSUIPC4. The main "History" PDF never gets "cleared down -- it is an accumulating history starting from "version 1".

For those who want to try or help me test interim versions which I post in the Announcements here, I've always listed just the differences between that interim version and the main release. The only change recently was to put that list into a PDF because it was making the Announcement itself too long -- you had to scroll down a long way to find other "goodies". That's also why I grouped all the links to the programs themselves at the top of the Announcement.

These last few weeks have been unusual in having so many "little" updates posted. Many of them are only relevant to very specific requests or inquiries which i've dealt with and for which references will be fond scattered among these posts. One of the main reasons though is that with the cancellation of ESP and TS2 I saw no point in continuing separate development of ESPIPC and what would have been TSUIPC. In order to dispense with ESPIPC, though, I had to do quite a few changes to FSUIPC4 which wouldn't concern the end user nor make it to the History documentation in any case.

I'm under a little bit of pressure here to get the next full documented user release done (FSUIPC 4.50) before the end of the month, with a proper installer for ESP and FSX, because the evaluation copies for ESPIPC expire then.

On top of this, my own code-signing signature expires in August and I'm having to make other arrangements as none of the established authorities now issue certificates to individuals. Every copy of FSUIPC3 and FSUIPC4 will stop working in August unless I can get a revised codesigned version out and everyone updates before then. I want to allow a good overlap (6 months) so there's no excuse!

When 4.50 is released, the interim update in the Announcements above will disappear, as with the PDF. Another will no doubt start up as later interim updates appear.

I hope this has made it all clear?

Regards

Pete