The simFlight Network Forums
Vince

J Routes

Greetings...

When trying to input J-Routes into a flight plan sometimes their accepted, other times they are not. I tried looking in the documents but this was not addressed..I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong....help.!

1. FSX

2. FSUIPC

3. vs.8.4.2 Build 171208

4. Aerosoft version or download version from our website (not sure)

5. Vista32

Thanks in advance,

Vince

I assume that you are talking about entering the J route in the route string box. If so . . .

I have had no problem entering J routes as long as the J route is preceded and followed by a waypoint on the route. For example, KTEB ELIOT J80 WINTS KCDI

Thanks for the reply..and your assumption was correct, route string box.

Your comment doesnt seem to solve it for me...Here's an example...

KDTW DUNKS J70 PMM J547 OBK J100 BCE GRNPA1.BCE KLAS

Select Dep. and Arr. airports, DUNKS goes in fine, accepts J70, PMM...then when I go to input "J547" nothing...wont accept it. Other routes that I have tried have simular results. I'm not sure what the problem is...

Vince

Hi Vince,

I don't know from which source you have get the routestring. A routestring based on an airaccycle XXYY, where XX standing for the year and YY for the month.

Your FSCommander "MUST" have the same AiracCycle.

The route you have published works fine on my system with the current AiracCycle which is 0902 Rev.1

Regards,

Volker

I can confirm Volkers's answer. I too am using airac cycle 0902 and when I put in your string I get

KDTW DUNKS J70 PMM J547 OBK J100 SAKES BCE KLAS.

When I then add the star I get

KDTW DUNKS J70 PMM J547 OBK J100 GRNPA1.BCE KLAS

I must admit that I am surprised that your string does not work with previous airac cycles since all your VORs should be in the previous cycles.

Hi Vince,

just copy the routestring KDTW DUNKS J70 PMM J547 OBK J100 BCE KLAS without the GRNPA1.BCE Star into the RouteString Textbox below the Flight plan window and klick "OK".

If the Routestring Textbox not visible, please select WIndow->Options->Display Route String Textbox and activate Open Route Textbox with Panel.

The Star GRNPA1.BCE will be not accepted in a Route String because the Star is not a part of an intersection and airway.

Please post the result.

Regards,

Volker