The simFlight Network Forums

Transponder

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pete

I can confirm the 4.6.1.6 beta is working as described.

I have a setup using SquawkBox4 and FSX-Acceleration on different PC's with SimConnect only between them (no WideFS). I did the test with the Piper PA31T2 Cheyenne IIXL. It is equipped with 2 Transponders with mode switches. In FS9 the mode switches did control the SB3 transponder. In FSX they do not.

So, I assigned the "Xpndr toggle (sb4)" control to a yoke toggle switch. The SB transponder window now shows the switching between STDBY and NORM properly. I also performed a verification test online on VATSIM and it worked as expected.

I hope a similar clever solution will be possible in the future for the "PTT" pushbutton I have on my yoke.

Thank you for devlivering solutions. FSUIPC, My best "investment" so far.

Paul

I hope a similar clever solution will be possible in the future for the "PTT" pushbutton I have on my yoke.

Actually the existing Squawkbox/Roger Wilco PTT controls in FSUIPC4 do work with SB4 just as they did with SB3. They were never a problem. That facility never was dependent upon FSUIPC offsets, it always used the original Roger Wilco messages supported by pretty much all the on-line ATC programs including SB3 and SB4.

Regards

Pete