The simFlight Network Forums

FSX does not link to fsuipc

Hi,

I have following problem, I installed fsuipc and the Installer said everything is correct, I registered the Programm also everything ok. But when I start a flight, it always says "Cannot link to FSUIPC or WideClient".

I tried it allready with Norton 360 deactivated and the programm is also set to ignore the fsx folder.

I'm using FSX with Acceleration Pack installed on Vista 64-bit.

Can you help me?

Thank you

Greetings

Joerg

I have following problem, I installed fsuipc and the Installer said everything is correct, I registered the Programm also everything ok. But when I start a flight, it always says "Cannot link to FSUIPC or WideClient".

"Flights" don't link to FSUIPC or WideClient! And none of my software contains such a message! So you need to find out what program or add-on is telling you this -- it isn't FSUIPC or WideFS or FS itself, but something you are running or have added. You need to work that out then ask their support what is wrong with it.

Regards

Pete

I added a screenshot of the error message, the problems occurs when fsx is loading all the data.

FSUIPC is the last addon I added to fsx.

I was working with an unregistered Version of FSUIPC before, but since I bought a second Saitek Throttle quadrant, I wanted to use your Programm to calibrate it and bought the registered Version.

The first Time I started FSX the error message as in the picture showed up and it gives no clue which addon it could be, so maybe it helps you to help me to solve the problem.

post-31198-128689666055_thumb.jpg

I added a screenshot of the error message, the problems occurs when fsx is loading all the data.

I didn't need the screenshot. That message isn't one of mine.

evidently one of the things you are getting FSX to load is an FSUIPC client application. Perhaps an aircraft panel or a DLL.

FSUIPC is the last addon I added to fsx.

It seems most unlikely that whatever says it can't link to FSUIPC was quite happy linking to it when it wasn't even there!

I was working with an unregistered Version of FSUIPC before, but since I bought a second Saitek Throttle quadrant, I wanted to use your Programm to calibrate it and bought the registered Version.

There aren't different versions for registered and unregistered users, there's just the one which offers more or less facilities.

If you were using FSUIPC before, without registration, how can you be sure that FSUIPC was the last addon you added to FSX? Something is obviously trying to use it and failing. Don't you know what you've added to FSX? What was FSUIPC doing for you BEFORE you registered it? It must have been there for a reason, for something you are adding or using. Something loaded by default evidently -- maybe your default aircraft panel?

The first Time I started FSX the error message as in the picture showed up and it gives no clue which addon it could be

No, that is very bad. When you find out what it is I should contact the author and complain about that.

If the only change between before and after is that you registered FSUIPC, then there's a good chance that the registration is in error. Check that by temporarily removing the FSUIPC4.KEY file from the Modules folder. If you then don't get that message, then your key is bad. Either it is not a legal one, but one generated by a pirate key generator, OR it is one purchased AFTER the date your PC is set to. So, check your PC's system date, make sure it is correct. If it is correct then Zip up your FSUIPC4.KEY file and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com and i will check it here.

Regards

Pete