The simFlight Network Forums
scnrfrq

AirNav Live Traffic X

I'm never really sure if AirNav Live Traffic X is working properly. I did choose that schedule from Communicator, but the flight numbers in FSX never seem to match up with the actual real flight schedules at each airport. Is there any way to confirm Live Traffic is working right?

One of the things is that the flight numbers used by the airline operation have, with most airlines now, little to do with the flight numbers you book and only exist in the imagination of the marketing side, when you Book a flight SW 1234 it can very well be operated as SW56AB . This aside, a very easy test is the following. Start AirNav to get a schedule when it is midnight in SFO. Than the schedule files should be small and the airports very quiet. If this is the case all is well.

( I assume you are using the special schedules for FSLive compatibility I provide ).

I started FS Live and had it scan all the airport schedules. Then I started FSX and went to SFO in the middle of the night. There were planes at most of the gates, but when I looked in Explorer the planes were almost all showing as "Sleep" status. Does this sound right then?

How often should I be running FS Live to scan the airport schedules? Every time before I start FSX?

Not really. The total amount of flights should be less than half after midnight. sometimes even a fourth of day traffic.

So, maybe you have am eye on MyTraffic\scenery\FSLive.bgl . Does this change over the course of a day in size. And you have installed the special MyTraffic files for FSLive, which are smaller than the normal ones?

What FSLive does ( can do ) is that the moment you run it it gets a snapshop of what the FAA has registered as landed, active or planned flights, planned means that the flight plan has been filed. From this, schedules get created. So neare this is to you, the more actual is what you see. But you can take a mornings snapshop before you go to work, and after work set your FS to 8:00 and make that days flight.

Yes, the size of FSlive.bgl does change after I run FSlive. Also, when FS Live is running, it does reference the fslive.dat and fslive.bgl in the dos window before it closes. I do think I have it set up right.

Can you remind me about the special MyTraffic files for FSlive? How can I check on those to make sure they are right??

You can use the MyTraffic Communicator to downlaod and install this special set of Flight plans. These contain no ( or really minimal) airliner traffic in the area controlled by the FAA. If you did not install these, the normal MyTraffic flights will be about the same as the Air Nav ones, so the difference you see should be tiny.

The download of them, if it does not work using the Communicator, would be www.fsrail.com/FSLiveCompatibility52.exe for the actual MyTraffic X version. Put it into the MyTrafficAircraftInstallers folder and double click toit. It will store the Flight plans in the MT_Plans folder, and you can than easily use the Communicator to activate them. ( DX9 version and DX10 version included ).

The link you gave me to download does not work, and when I tried to use Communicator the download won't connect either. How can I get the FS Live Flight Plans?

Also, why do you say their is no airliner traffic in the plans? Isn't the purpose of FS Live to recreate actual airline traffic at airports? Why would I not want to see airliners? Do I have to have the FS Live flight plans installed to make FS Live work?

The link you gave me to download does not work, and when I tried to use Communicator the download won't connect either. How can I get the FS Live Flight Plans?

Also, why do you say their is no airliner traffic in the plans? Isn't the purpose of FS Live to recreate actual airline traffic at airports? Why would I not want to see airliners? Do I have to have the FS Live flight plans installed to make FS Live work?

I changed the file name to FSLiveCompatibility.exe and I could download that. Is this the correct file, or should it be FSLiveCompatibility52.exe?

Ok, I downloaded that new file. When I put in it in the aircraftinstallers folder and double-clicked it, it created a new folder in My Traffic named FSLive_compatibility52. In that folder is an MT_Plans folder, and in that are DX9 and DX10 folders. I assume I move those 2 folders into the the regular MT_Plans folder that I already had, correct?

Also, can I delete the aircraftinstallers51b file that is in the aircraftinstallers folder? This is obsolete, correct?

Thanks.

Yes, that come from a special update. You can delete it. Move the files over to the MT_Plans folder, and replace the MyTrafficcommercial.bgl and ( the .dat file if you you Trafficboard ) in MyTraffic\scenery by these new ones. Should all be programmed into the communicator, but I cannot remember every program I've written.

OK, I copied the 2 files over to the Scenery folder, but the new files are same date and size as the old ones I already had in Scenery. They are dated 10/13/08. So all should be well now I hope!

Well, I still have some issues. I notice now I have lots of duplicate flights showing up in Explorer. I didn't have this problem before. How do I eliminate the duplicates? I did do a Cleanup History before starting FSX.

Well, I still have some issues. I notice now I have lots of duplicate flights showing up in Explorer. I didn't have this problem before. How do I eliminate the duplicates? I did do a Cleanup History before starting FSX.

This appears to be happening at all airports. Some of the duplicate flights have the exact same times next to them, and some have the same flight #'s with the times about 3 seconds different. If I change the traffic % to 25% , a lot of the duplicates go away, but I don't want to run FSX with such a low %.

While I spent a lot of time to help you with your problems, I am absolutely angry about the tone of your last message.

WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU GET THE RIGHT TO GET A PROBLEM WITH A PRODUCT SOLVED THAT IS NOT SOLD BY SIMMARKET BUT BY AIRNAVSYSTEMS HERE DURING A WEEKEND WITHIN ONE DAY :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ?

Sorry - I'm just very frustrated about the workings of these 2 products. I appreciate your responses, as I don't get much help from Airnav. I've used both products for quite some time, and I'm just never sure things are working right. I also see from other posters I'm not alone in being confused, so anything you can do to help us thru is welcome.

I saw your answer about the dat file being deleted each time. I don't think that's happening with mine, as it is always there in Scenery when I look.

Than it cannot work. Please just delete it and try if things are normal than. If that is the case, my assumption is you are using Vista and have insufficient security settings. As it looks currently, this will be removed in autumn when Vista gets replaced by Windows 7.

I did delete it, and then FS Live recreated it, which I assume is normal. There did seem to be less duplicate flights then, but there still were some. Just to be clear, are you saying when I shutdown FSX, the dat file should be gone? And then it doesn't come back until I run FSLive again?

I saw where people suggest deleting all the history files from the FSLive folder too. Is that something to do also once in awhile? Is that different than running the CleanupHistory app?

I'm running XP SP2, not Vista.

Thanks.

Air Nav support seems to have a problem.

The dat file gets deleted by the procedure that compiles it. Indeed they insisted this to be the case, since the original data may not be available in any form that is readable...

FSLive was delivered to them before Vista came out, they never requested a Vista compatible version ( and I got no cent from them ). It may well be that special settings are required for Vista security, with the big safety risk UAC enabled as example neither a program nor a command procedure can delete any file.

The history file has a completely different meaning. The quality of the data varies over time significantly, depending on who is working there on shift typing them maybe. Sometimes, almost no record contains the information which type is used, sometimes more than 50%. This is what the history is good for: If a flight contains no aircraft type information, it looks up what was used before. So no additional flight gets created by this, but many flights could not be generated without this information. The cleanup only leaves the last finding. In a well trained environment, more than 90% of all flights with missing information can be recovered this way.

All this has been explained to the AirNav crew several times, so if they cannot keep their own forum informed they have, as I said, a problem.

ok think im in right forums section lol. can anyone help me install Air Nav Live Traffic X step by step for me? i DID install everything the downloader gave me (I bought from flightstimstore.com) but every time i log into fslive it says "Information: FS Live Traffic will now close" so either maybe its the username and password thats bogus? anyways it still says "Connected". As i was saying b4 i did the manual installations required i inputed wut was asked by the manual in the fsx.CFG and dll.xml file. but i still dont see any AI aircraft, nor ddo i ever see the traffic toolbar. ive reinstalled fsx and it still does the same thing. i think i said this b4 on the other forum section. but can you assist me some? like tell me a step by step installtion that the manual doesnt offer cuze it doesnt help at all. program doesnt work.

thank you so much. i apolgise if i said any of this b4. but im just so confused

Please make further posts her, thanks. I answered in the other thread already in detail about the toolbox. The rest looks you better contact their support team, since I don't know what this error message means and also don't know about their tools.

This is a function of FSX de Luxe which does work usually. Please send us your modified dll.xml and I can check if it is as I described above. It is documented in the SDK manual. If my above explanation does not help, than call Microsoft support.