The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
abz

Network Installation FSX scenery.cfg question

I am trying to make a network installation for FSC and FSX. I have FSX installed on a Vista 32 system and it is working well. I have been reading the Introduction in the FSC manual about how to do this but I have a question. This is in regards to the location of the scenery.cfg file that one is requested to make a copy and call it scenerycfg.fsc. Other than the one in the root FSX directory, I have found my scenery.cfg file in the following location: C:\ProgramData|Microsoft\FSX. Is this the one that I need to make the copy of and place it in the root folder of FSX? Thanks, Al

Hi,

I have found my scenery.cfg file in the following location: C:\ProgramData|Microsoft\FSX. Is this the one that I need to make the copy of and place it in the root folder of FSX?

you are absolutly sure that you have not found a scenery.cfg in, for example

Drive:\Documents and settings\all users\ProgramData|Microsoft\FSX or

Drive:\Documents and settings\your user name\ProgramData|Microsoft\FSX???

You need the one wit the recent date.

Volker

Thank you Volker: I am running Vista 32 and on my C drive there is NO "Documents and Settings" folder. However, on my C drive there is a "Program Data" folder and in this folder is Microsoft and then FSX. How can I be sure if this is the correct one?

What do you mean by the one with the recent date? Al

Volker. Thanks. Yes this one had the more recent dates in the properties. Had to be the one. I went through the install using it and everything went well. I would assume therefore that whenever I add any scenery files, etc, I will need to recopy this file again, use the Database manager and update the airport list. Is this the correct process? Thanks again, Al