The simFlight Network Forums

My Traffic 5.2, FSX and Windows 7 Beta

I won't say this is a problem, as it is most likely due to WIndows 7 Beta OS

I thortught I would try FSX out on Windows 7 to see how things went and everything is comptable include FSUIPC etc which is great as I have a PFC Cirrus II console which relies on that program and the PFC module Peter Dawson created for FSX.

Only issue I have come across is with My traffic V 5.2

It will install okay, everything up to the point where to have to add it ti FSX scenery libary.

FSX under Win 7 just will not let me do it, instead of adding the folder it opens the folder, if you get what I mean.

Any other scenery add ons I have installed automaticially adds scenery to scenery libary.

Anyone else tried it on Win 7?

I guess this is handy for Burkhardt etc to know for the future.

Cheers

Phil

This is nothing that has to do with MyTraffic, but is a standart FSX function that you can manage the scenery library.

The alternate way we knew from elder versions to manipulate scenery.cfg is not supported by Microsoft any longer, and strobgly disrecommended by them.

Thanks for replies.

I tried this

"just point your mouse at it until it turns highlighted blue, or you can click on it then click on the back/up button to go back up one level, now you can click on ok/add."

As I know that is how one does it. as Vista is the same, but after 10 tries, it won't do it.

I'll try again. Never had this problem in Vista.

Has anyone else here tried Win 7 beta?

And yes your right, one cannot manually edit the scenery.cfg like one could in FS9 and earlier versions.

Could I make a suggestion Burkhard for next version, how about a automatic scenery adder, like you have with the FSX.cfg file. The manage FSX.cfg option.

Or just get the installer to add it to scenery.cfg like quite a few payware sceneries I have do.

Just a thought

Cheers

Phil

They all do nothing but editing scenery.cfg, as they did since FS5. That this is no longer supported and MUST lead to problems later they don't mind. FS developers are extremely conservative to use any FS as an emulator of the one they started with...

I used w7beta for about 2 weeks and all worked fine. But I made the same observation when I wanted install scenery from fsx scenery window: it was not possible. There are two ways around it. Either you locate your scenery.cfg and you add your entry manually (notepad),or as I did, use an add-on editor (like additpro) which is also good for organizing the layers. Meanwhile I'm back to vista x64 where I never had this problem. But I will switch to w7 when its an official release.

Harry

I hope to find the time to test this next week. Otherwise it would be an internal problem of Microsoft that they have to solve.

Under Vista somebody told me about an option if a single click to a file should already initiate an action or not related to the scenery library problem, so maybe it is a user setting?

I hope to find the time to test this next week. Otherwise it would be an internal problem of Microsoft that they have to solve.

Under Vista somebody told me about an option if a single click to a file should already initiate an action or not related to the scenery library problem, so maybe it is a user setting?

There is an option in Vista Windows Explorer to single click to open folders.

It's located under Tools...Folder Options in the general tab at the bottom.

Does W7 have this option also?