The simFlight Network Forums

Access denied, file not found, etc......

SpectroPro

Just a quick question... I had to install FSX on a new drive (needed way more room....) and with all the registry crap, just wasn't up to moving everything... Anyways, when I was installing MyTraffic X last night, I noticed that I was getting MANY of the 'file not found' and other seemingly not good messages. Wish it would leave the window open after it installs or does something so I could go back and see what some of them are....some just scroll way to fast...

I know there is a message saying not to worry about them...but it just seemed like there were more than the last time I installed. And then, when I did the Rebuild aircraft, scenery, schedules.... I got a TON of error messages. Access denied, files not found, etc.... I really do NOT remember all those when I installed the first time.

I am going to re-install, again, and see what happens, but wanted to ask if there (I looked, didn't see anything) is a list of what exactly does get installed and where so that I may examine and see if stuff really is messed up? And if not, can there be one? Maybe a nice feature for an update or next version or even a stand-alone program that we can run that will do a diagnosis of our install. It could list what should be installed and where next to what is installed and where.. Alert us to any problems and offer to fix.

Thanks for any help on this... Hard to tell if I am missing a bunch of stuff just eyeballing in the sim.....

Greg

Just to update.... I installed again, and this time more than just the airbus's got installed. However, I have 2 files that give me errors.. Emb195MX.exe & Emb145MX.exe. Both of these, no matter what I try, tell me that something in them can't be extracted. If anyone has these 2 files that are good, anyway I can get them? All the rest seemed to have installed properly....

Greg

Te file not found message of the delete command you can definitvely ignore. If a file ( from a previous version ) that needs to be deleted does not exist, it doesn't need to be deleted.

Access denied is a serious thing about the security settings that you have, you do need full access to the complete FSX installation, otherwise it doesn't work.

If some of the installers have gone bad on your disk, the first thing to do is the following: I assume you still have the original installer. Run this, but do not enter the FSX folder, but any temp folder. Once the first part is done, just end the DOS box. Now you should have all the files fresh in a folder and can copy those over that are of suspect. If not, I have to look them up for you and to upload them somewhere.

Note, that most users who have strange problems with FSX don't have it installed in the default location.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I installed from the disk to a temp folder... got those 2 files working just fine.. As for the access denied, I have no clue what was going on at that moment...cause it worked fine the next time I did it. I am thinking maybe a virus scan was going but can't swear to that.... All fixed now. :)

And I'll be buying the Super Traffic Board in a few minutes....I really like the version that comes with MTX and can't wait to play with the new one.

Thanks for including it so we can get a taste of what it's like.....

- Greg