The simFlight Network Forums

ERJ 145 missing texture file again!!! How its possible??

cardu

hello again,

Few days ago I saw that all ERJ 145 have been an error with the texture file and after I have installed all patches everything seems worked fine with this aircraft....

But now in a strange way I am having again the same bug here( and I have already all patches installed) .... In mytraffic communicator i select install aircraft with less texture, install with full texture and less animation and with full texture and animation... but all fails the aircraft scenery of ERJ 145... when I select to view this AI aircraft nothing appears again!

Yesterday everything was working fine with this aircraft.....

Maybe this happens because I change in mytraffic commuinicator the full or less texture!!

I am going to try update again with mytraffic communicator to see what will happens after this update

it works fine again after apply the patch that I have already applyed few weeks ago.....

I don't understand what happenned but this bug is resolved again

thanks

PS... Now I understand why and when this bug with ERJ 145 happens.... so when I selected full resolution and animations in mytraffic communicator to see the AI scenery aircraft of boeing 757F automatically it is disabled the aircraft scenery from ERJ 145... I have made some tests with mytraffic communicator and it was this that I saw with AI scenery aircraft of ERJ 145

maybe a new patch can fixe this bug I think!!

I still hate the day when I agreed to the option of the reduced airport animation features included into the aircraft config. This makes any change a nightmare to write the installers, a simple change in an aircraft.cfg needs hours to be implemented everywhere and all the additional tools built -inverification that needs days for a trivial thing that could be done in 10 seconds. Definitvely I will remove that for the next major release - this is far too complex an action to be maintainable.

This is far away from being fixed, the major release currently is aimed at spring 2010. For the 5.2 it worked well that the installed deleted all old stuff that is no longer needed, but if this will work for a new version too we will see. Next release will be a free minor update 5.2a release which features the Russian aircraft. Most of the models are built, still a few to be done, how many paints can be included depends on how much contribution this community gives back...

I will look into the E145 issue again for the next round of the patch, but still hate that day :lol:

You will have to forgive me Burkhard I'm not sure what you are saying, just to be clear are you saying that you will not be including aircraft.cfg files without exit definitions i.e. door locations for jetways. It's far from a little bug and your lower animation options are one of the things that make your product stand out from the crowd which is only going to get busier when UT2 comes out.

It is a basic principle of computing that every information ges inconsistent that is stored at several places. The current mechanism does exactly this in an area where there are almost daily changes. So maybe we have to think about something else to do the same trick... Hm, maybe...