The simFlight Network Forums
GQLF

FSC Toggle key

Is there a key combo I can use to call up and/or minimize main gauge on instrument panel? That I could assign to FSUICP?

Would like to use switch on yoke and not rely on mouse.

OK, I read manual twice and I can't find anything on how to assign or use a key stroke combo to minimize the map? I like and purchased the product all I want is to remove map with the CH throttle key when I want to? And bring it back too by same switch? I see hot keys for small gauge but nothing for map itself. HELP!

Hi Anonymous,

although we are getting close to the point of refusing to answer any posts whose authors apparently lack both the education and courtesy to at least sign a post with their name (be it real or ficticious) and start with a "Hi" or something similar, here is a response.

Minimizing as program is matter of Windows, not of FS Commander. So whatever you do, you should consult descriptions of Windows commands.

Regards

Sascha

Hi and I'm sorry about salutations and signature,just didn't think it really mattered all that much but now I see that it does! Anyway all I wanted to know was in FSN they used the F9 button to call-up and minimize window and wondered if FSC had such a key? Or if it was a key string( shift+Tab+F1,etc) that I could assign to yoke via FSUIPC? I am not a computer expert just a good faith purchaser of your product moving to FSX. I went to utube for demo but found that to be very confusing. The manual is very helpful with regard to networking etc. but I wanted to avoid that. I know another product uses a "Hot Spot" to do the window thing that helps keep cursor on instrument panel and was hoping you had something similar? I like your product and respect your work its just that there are a few computer dummy's like myself still around and need some personal assistance, again sorry! :oops:

John

Hi John,

What works in Windows (with reservations explained a little further) to switch between two programs is pressing LEFT ALT + TAB. I verified this before posting my note to you by running FS9 and FSC on the same computer using only one monitor. Pressing those keys in that order will switch the two programs. Now for the reservations; first, it doesn't work 100% of the time and that may be due to the speed the keys are pressed but I'm unsure and second, the switching of programs using the keys only seems to work when only two programs are running concurrently. If three or more programs are running, for example FS9, FSC and AISmooth, the procedure doesn't work; at least it didn’t when I tried it. Although I use three CH products, I've given up on trying to understand the logic behind their system to program their hardware (in comparison to Saitek's programming software which is so simple to use). If you give it a try, then I'd be interested to find out whether you were successful in programming a button or toggle switch on a CH product to switch between FS and FSC using the keys mentioned above.

Regards, Jean-Jacques

Hello and

Thanks Jean-Jacques, I've tried it and it works only to return FSC to my monitor. I must minimize using the dash first and it works fine. I have FSM running also with FSC! I have 3 monitors on a Matrox 3togo analog and a 22inch monitor on panel in 2D so there lies my problem having to slide the cursor across 3 monitors . But your advice really helped! I will try and assign the L-ALT and Tab to a button on my CH yoke by using FSCIUP and see if it will work? Thanks again.

John

Hello again,

Could not program L-ALT + TAB on FSUIPC must be code that Microsoft uses in FSX? I will try GoFlight button but I'll bet same thing! I think only a "Hot Spot" or Key2mouse will solve my problem? Or maybe go back to paper airplanes they were much simpler!

John

Hi John,

Failing the assignment of the AltTab Windows feature to a CH or other hardware button, you might want to take a look at this rather interesting utility that allows the switching of opened programs using the mouse to replicate the LeftAlt+Tab key combination. It is called AltTab Mouse Shortcut and is available at http://cybernetnews.com/2008/02/24/alttab-mouse-shortcut/.

I’ve tested it and its works perfectly to switch between programs such FS9, FSC (with words of caution below), Radar Contact, and AISmooth. In fact when I tried it, I also had Word and Explorer running and I could switch between any of these programs using the mouse. Holding down the left mouse button and tapping the right mouse button brings up the AltTab window which lists all programs running and while continuing to hold down the left mouse button, tapping the right mouse button allows the selection of the desired program. Pressing the left mouse button and the right mouse button in that order and releasing both button always returns the user to the previous program which is excellent for switching from FS to FSC to view the map for example and then returning to FS.

In accordance with a tip found on the above web site, I’ve placed the utility in the following folder which activates the utility when Windows is started and places its icon on the Tool Bar:

C\Document and Settings\(user name)\Startup Menu\Programs\Startup. Left-clicking on the Icon provides the following choices: Suspend hotkey, Pause script, and Exit. If you are interested in downloading the utility, take care to download the right version. The version for Windows XP is available within the ‘Update’ paragraph on the web page.

Now for my words of caution regarding FSC. When the utility is active, using the left and right mouse buttons on the FSC map to switch between programs will not work unless the cursor is located somewhere on FSC’s Menu bar. This is not a serious limitation once known.

I will not use this utility to switch between FS and FSC because I’m running FSC and other programs on a separate networked computer which is my preferred option because FSC’s map is always displayed. However, I will keep the utility on my main computer because it definitely simplifies and speeds up the process of switching between programs running concurrently. And if it hadn’t been for you John, I would probably never have found the little gem!

Paper airplanes! Hummm . . .

Regards, Jean-Jacques

Hi everyone,

In view of the high number of hits on this post, I thought I'd do a short follow-up on my post of 27 March (just above).

First, the 2nd sentence of the 3rd paragraph should read "Right-clicking on the Icon . . ." instead of left-clicking. I'm sure anyone interested in this utility would have figured that out but I wanted to acknowledge my mistake.

Second, after re-testing this utility with the latest version of FSC, my words of caution expressed in the fourth paragraph are no longer valid. Right and left clicking anywhere on FSC's map will cause the Alt-Tab shortcut, if it is active, to operate as it should. I may originally have been wrong.

Regards to all,

Jean-Jacques