The simFlight Network Forums

Current Waypoint

Hi Pete

I'm using FSCommander to save flightplans which I then push into both FSX and my Ellie Avionics suite with a custom 'distribution' program (don't ask why, long story!).

This works well until I'm enroute and I'm advised which STAR to expect on arrival. When I save the new copy FSX turns the plane back towards Waypoint #1 to start the FP over again.

My current workaround is to turn off LNAV, load the flightplan, use the GPS menu to pick-up the route from the last WP that I crossed, then turn LNAV back on. All a bit of a palaver so I was wondering if there's any way offset x616C can be made to work?

I wouldn't normally ask - it's documented as Unwritable - but I think you recently exposed some offsets or controls for the FSX EFIS switches and it made me wonder if any of the GPS functions were also now controllable?

Not a problem if you can't do anything - like I said, I have a work around - but it would be useful if I could add a procedure to my flight plan 'distributor' to set the current waypoint offset after I reload the FP.

All the best

Ian

All a bit of a palaver so I was wondering if there's any way offset x616C can be made to work?

None that I know of. All of the SimConnect variables for the GPS are read only.

I wouldn't normally ask - it's documented as Unwritable - but I think you recently exposed some offsets or controls for the FSX EFIS switches and it made me wonder if any of the GPS functions were also now controllable?

I found the EFIS switches were controllable via the gauge's named Local Variables (L Vars), after adding the facilities to FSUIPC4 for listing and accessing these. Using the Loglvars Lua plug-in I supplied I don't see any named variables for a GPS. Even with the FSX G1000 loaded there are none which appear applicable.

There's a whole array of GPS controls in FSX. Do any of them work? Do any of them do the job? They are the ones beginning "GPS ...".

Regards

Pete

None that I know of. All of the SimConnect variables for the GPS are read only.

I guessed as much but thought it was worth checking.

I found the EFIS switches were controllable via the gauge's named Local Variables (L Vars), after adding the facilities to FSUIPC4 for listing and accessing these. Using the Loglvars Lua plug-in I supplied I don't see any named variables for a GPS. Even with the FSX G1000 loaded there are none which appear applicable.

Ah, I see. Oh well, appreciate you looking all the same, thanks.

There's a whole array of GPS controls in FSX. Do any of them work? Do any of them do the job? They are the ones beginning "GPS ...".

I'm not sure they're ideal, I guess it's possible to select specific waypoints using Controls if I have an index number from the offset. I'll explorer at the weekend...

Thanks again,

All the best!

Ian