The simFlight Network Forums
STLO

version 8.5 screen size.

Version 8.5 screen size.

With only one screen, the samallest screen I can have, is too much large.

L'image de FSCommander est maintenant plus grande qu'avant, et avec un seul écran c'est trop grand.

Help

Merci

Stlo

Bonjour (sans nom)

Si vous espérez recevoir une réponse des auteurs, il faudrait fournir plus d'informations. Prière de voir le premier "post" intitulé 'Everyone please read'.

Mais pour vérifier, j'ai comparé la grandeur de l'image de FSC 8.5 lorsque la grandeur de l'image est réduite et selon moi, la grandeur est la même que la version 8.4. J'ai aussi testé la possibilité de réduire à nouveau cette plus petite image ce qui est impossible. Je n'ai jamais testé cette possibilité avec la version 8.4. Est-ce qu'il était possible de réduire à nouveau cette petite image? Si oui, il faudrait le mentionner dans votre demande d'aide.

Salutations, Jean-Jacques

1. I am on FSX 2. FSUIPC version 4,28 3. FScommander 8.5 4. N/A 5. Vista 32.

Hi,

Before we can reduce the screen to 13cm x 13cm approx. Now the minimum is 22cm x 22cm because u want to keep the infos at the bottom of the screen.

I am using only one screen, that mean I will prefer a smaller screen, maybe by loosing FUEL and COORDINATE infos.

Tks

Stlo

Hi,

two pieces of information at the start. We have eliminated the "reduced "window" feature which existed in 8.4. We had published a post in January and February asking if anybody uses the function. Since all replies were negative, we eliminated it.

Furthermore there is also now a limit to the smallest window size which is precisely large enough to fit in all necessary elements, like buttons, menus etc. You can resize the window from this smallest size to full screen.

Other than that, there are no changes wrt to window resizing.

Regards

Sascha

Hello,

Here is som facts:

My computer monitor is 20" Wide x 12.75" Height

FScommander reduce to minimum is: 8.5" Wide x 7.5" Height.

Aircraft B737 panel is: 7.5" Height with autopilot Top Right.

Aircraft Panel height 7.5" + FScommander height 7.5" = 15 inches height.

This mean FSCommander reduce to minimum will overlaps the aircraft panel by 2.25 in, and have no more access to autopilot.

If we can reduce the FSCommander from right to left, will loose coordinate and fuel, but it will be 6 in Wide x 5.5 in height and u can always have access to all infos with full screen.

Computer monitor 12.75 in height less aircraft panel 7.5 in height let 5.25 in free space for the fscommander screen.

With all those informations, let me know where I can put the FSCommander ? to enjoy your program like before.

or let the 8.4 available to reinstall.

tks

stlo

Hello,

Have 8.4 and 8.5

Using 8.5 to prepare my flight plan and using 8.4 when flying to have an acceptable windows size on my monitor.

tks anyway.

stlo

Hi guys,

I'm finding the new minimum screen size a bit of a problem - I can see why you've introduced it but it'd be great if you could remove the resitriction in a future release? I'm happy to live with missing bits of the status bar and them menus will still work if the buttons are 'off screen' but I really need the whole FSC screen to be smaller and with v8.5 I can no longer squeeze it into the available space.

Many thanks!

Ian

Hi Ian,

we will think about it, but tend to keep it that way, in particular, since we had a three-months poll asking users whether or not they could dispense with that feature. At that time we did not get any response voting for the reduced window size.

Regards

Sascha