The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tfoxsail

New User Problems

Hello,

I have just purchased and installed ver 8.5 of FS Commander, and this is my first time ever using it. I like it so far, but have a few problems that I'm sure are the result of my overlooking something.

First, I cannot get it to save PMDG or FSInn flightplans. I have the path for FSX set to c:\program files(x86)\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator x in the options window, and the FSInn path is set to c:\program files(x86)\FSC\FSPlan\FSInn. I have tried saving several created flightplans, but with no success.

Second, I am unable to connect ot FS. When I go into GPS - Connect to FS, I get the following error: "Unable to connect to Flight simulator Message # (no process response)." This happens when FSX is up and running. I have the Registered FSUIPC 4.4, and only use one computer/monitor (I do not use Wide FS).

Last, I tried to create a flightplan via the "High Altitude Plan" button between LFPG and KJFK. I had the departure and arrival airports set, had the NATs downloaded and displayed, and inserted the NAT I wanted to use into the flightplan. I then pressed "High Altitude Plan" button to auto create the rest of the plan, but it erased the NAT and made a route across the Atlantic that was way south of any NATs. Do trans-Atlantic routes need to be created manually the whole way, or is there a way to auto create a route that will use a NAT of PACOT?

Any help in this matter is much appreciated. You have created a fine product, and I look forward to using it to its maximum potential.

Tim Fox

FSX

FSUIPC Registered 4.4

FS Commander and Database Manager version 8.5

download version from website

Vista64

Hi Tim,

let's look at the three questions one after the other.

1. saving flight plans

We have no explanation for this because we use this feature daily without any problems. In order to find out what happens in your case, you could either send your fsc.ini to Volker (his address is on our website) and/or send a screenshot of Option Window - Flight Plan Tab.

2. failure to connect to FS

There are two possibilities. First, since you are using Vista64, it is crucially important that you you install and run FS Commander as administrator and likewise install fsuipc as administrator. Furthermore, the current version of fsuipc is 4.5 (while you mention 4.4). Try to get the newest and then try again. In the past we had several cases where this helped.

3. NATracks and flight plan

we suggest that you read the manual or help file where things are explained in detail. The way you did it does not work. Though is correct that you first selected the Natrack, you then cannot simply press HiAlt. How shall FS Commander know where you want to insert the automatic route. What you need to do is click and highlight the departure airport and then click HiAlt. This means: insert a route between the departure and the first waypoint in the table (which will be the first NATrack waypoint). Subsuquently you click and highlight on the last NATrack waypoint and again press HiAlt. This again means: insert a route between the highlighted waypoint and the next waypoint (which will be the destination).

Regards

Sascha

Well, it was an admin rights thing. I re-installed with admin rights (could have swore I did the first time, but then again, age is making my mind slip more than it used to : )), and now everything works like a charm.

Many thanks for your assistance. This is a great product, and I look forward to many flights with it!

Tim Fox

I downloaded version 8.5 today from the FSCommander website. I am running FS2004 on a Dell 650i with Vista 32bit and I have the most current FSUIPC

[also downloaded today]. I installed FSC using Admin rights but the program does not ask for admin rights when running it?

I am having the same problem that Tim had where i cannot connect FSC with FS2004. I get the same msg "no process response".

Any Ideas? :)

Peter Jackson

Hi Volker, Yes i run both programs under administrator?

I installed FSC using the compatibility mode and installed it as administrator. I still get the "no process response"

error msg.

I contacted Pete Dawson and discussed the issue with him b/cause I thought it might be the FSUIPC but

he tells me if it's installed in FS9 and I run FS9 as administrator then it can't be that.

So, very strange. I have reinstalled FSNav 4.7 and that works fine?? :(

The only thing I have noticed is that the FSC.exe [on the desk top] does not have the 'shield' attached

to it and there is no option to run the program as administrator from the icon, however I have checked the security

tab and administrator is authorised in the box.

Peter Jackson

Hi Peter,

I installed FSC using the compatibility mode ...

I don't understand why You have FSC installed in the compatibility mode?

The only way to run FSC below Vista is to install and run as Administrator.

It woks fine on my Vista System perfect without any problem.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker. Ok I uninstalled FSC and reinstalled it without checking the compatibility mode option.

FSC is installed under administrator.

I have FSUIPC 3.9 for FS9.

I start FS9 and then start FSC. I click the GPS option and pick connect to FS. Immediately I get:

Cannot connect to flight simulator msg # (no process response).

Very frustrating....something simple i'm sure but I don't know what to do next :?

Peter Jackson

are you saying you installed FSC while logged in as administrator? or you gave the file admin rights.

to install corectly on vista you need to be logged onto vista with an administrator account

uninstall the non working FSC. then check that the FSC folder is gone, with windows explorer .

go to the vista control panel and click the 'user ,account control' icon

temporarily turn off UAC

next, unzip the 8.5.zip to a temp directory.

then highlight and right click the setup file 8.5.exe.

select compatability tab, then tick the 'run as administrator' box at the bottom

(do not tick the run in xp mode option at the top)

now doubleclick and install FSC

once installed, navigate to the FSC folder

highlight the fsc8.5.exe icon and ensure that it is ticked run as admin

highlight the dbmanager 8,5 icon and do the same.

do the same with the icons placed onto your desktop

next run the dbmanager to allow it to find and link itself to fs2004.

then start fs2004, next start FSC.

if all ok then dont forget to turn UAC back on.

if still no good, tehn in a vista searchbox type DEP and follow its instuctions to turn off DEP for fs2004 and FSC and any other programs /addons your using with fs2004

i run vista 64bit no probs with fs2004 and now FSX FSC goflight controls.

for more details on UAC and DEP use the search box (at the top of this page) within these forums.

g-bobb

Ok, I now have it connecting with FS2004. It appears that the installer was installing the program in a seperate folder. I installed into the FS9 folder and it works....simple but effective. Now I have an equally simple problem. Where do I put the registration key I have from SimMarket?

Thanks to all for the replies/input.

Peter Jackson

Wow, quick response....thanks.

Great. Thank you. [bit difficult to find and it's not mentioned where you have to do that in the manual]

Question. In FANav 4 when I'm flying online with IVAO or VATSIM I can see other [not AI] aircraft that are also online moving around the airport and in flight.

Is this also the case in FSC 8.5?

Thanks again....great service/support.

Peter Jackson

Thanks....party's over though I'm afraid. As soon as I registered I get the error msg again?

Something is weird. I notice now that the small shield [Run as administrator] that was on my FS9 desktop icon is now gone. If I right click on it I can still choose "run as administrator" so I don't know if that's anything to do with the problem.

Question: Should the program [FSC] be installed directly into FS9? At the moment I have FS9 in c:/program files/microsoft games/flightsimulator9. Should FSC go directly there? or c:/....../......flightsimulator9/FSC.

Sorry for this. It's the first program I've ever had this rpoblem with.

Peter Jackson

Hi Peter,

and you are the first user who is running the program, typed the registration in and the shield of the Icon is gone.

Sorry, but I don't see any way to help you.

Question: Should the program [FSC] be installed directly into FS9? At the moment I have FS9 in c:/program files/microsoft games/flightsimulator9. Should FSC go directly there? or c:/....../......flightsimulator9/FSC.

The presetting in the installation routine is YourDrive\Program\FSC but it's up to You selecting the drive and the folder.

Regards,

Volker

Peter,

Unlike FS Navigator, FSC was not designed to run as a module of FS9/FSX but rather as a separate program which communicates with your flight simulator via FSUIPC. It should therefore be installed outside your flight sim, i.e., C\Programs\FSC. I'm not a Vista user but regarding DEP, follow this link: http://www.realtime-vista.com/administr_preve.htm (I simply googled DEP and got this link along with several others). Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jean-Jacques

Addendum to my post . . .

Peter, regarding the above link, please ensure that you read the comments by several people before attempting to do anything! Surely there's a better way to deal with this security feature which is troublesome for many! As I said, I'm not a Vista user and sort of glad I'm not!! Hopefully this and other pitfalls of Vista will be corrected in Windows 7.

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques, many thanks for the info. I read thru the forum you suggested and i think I'll leave DEP alone.

I have FSC running now after turning UAC off. I did reinstall into a seperate location [not into FS].

Not sure if you can answer this question but I'll ask; is there a way to have the IVAO/VATSIM traffic moving

in real time like they do in FSNav? At the moment they are static until an update.

Also, If my aircraft is positioned at Heathrow I can only centre the view on Heathrow? If I try to look at [for instance]

Stansted by 'rubber banding' the view goes directly back to Heathrow?

Thanks again. :D

Peter Jackson

Peter,

I think your decision to leave DEP alone is probably a wise one!

Regarding IVAO/VATSIM traffic moving in real time, sorry but I don't have an answer.

'Rubber banding' the view . . . hmmm . . . not sure but if the options Aircraft on Map under the Map menu and Moving Map under the Window / Options menu are selected, then the aircraft symbol will always be centered on the screen (I use two screens in a networked environment so that the FSC map is always visible). In your example, Heathrow and Stansted, if the zoom factor is at 50NM, then with this configuration both airports are visible but FSC will center the aircraft as the aircraft moves toward Stansted at the time interval you selected under Moving Map. However, if you deselect the Moving Map feature, you can center any chosen area by clicking on it provided the aircraft can still be displayed on the map; if not, FSC will again center the aircraft on the map. If you deselect both the Moving Map and Aircraft on Map features, then any area on the map can be displayed and remain displayed regardless whether the aircraft is displayed on the map or not. Hope this makes sense and if it does, then I hope it helps.

Regards,

Jean-Jacques

Hi Peter,

Not sure if you can answer this question but I'll ask; is there a way to have the IVAO/VATSIM traffic moving

in real time like they do in FSNav? At the moment they are static until an update.

the limitation to show real traffic in for example IVAO is NOT a FSCommander problem, it's given by:

1) the settings in the Ivap Configuration -> Performance Tuning -> Visibility Range. The max. is here 40nm.

2) by the FSUIPC -> please read the current FSCommander manual, chapter 3.3 Ai traffic and TCAS, Page 24, Important: Whether the field ATC ID ...

Regards,

Volker

Jean-Jacques, crystal clear, thank you.

Volker, thanks for your reply.

1. I will have to look into the IVAP Config.

2. I do not have a "Technical" card in/on my FSUIPC as mentioned in the manual.

I have only "About and Register" and "Logging".

Thanks and Regards

Peter Jackson

Hi Peter,

2. I do not have a "Technical" card in/on my FSUIPC as mentioned in the manual.

in this case you are using a freeware- and not a payware version.

Regards,

Volker