The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.90 & PFC DLL 2.30

I've purchased FSUIPC 3.90 & use the PFCDLL. My Precision Flight Controls (Cirrus yoke, rudders, & Avionic stack) isn't communicating properly with the FS2004 software. On startup, it has two checkmarks on the top and all the rest are x's (yoke, rudder, aileron, throttle quadrant, etc). What am I doing wrong? I've formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP, FS2004, and FSUIPC.

What's interesting is that if I let MS FS2004 continue, the controls are erratic. I'll move the aileron and instead the views would change. I'll move the throttle lever and the engine will shut down.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jcardana

How do you make control assignments? Do you assign them with FS2004, or with FSUIPC or something else?

My first impression is there is a control assignment conflict. I make all my control assignments with FSUIPC. Take a peek at this.

This is just my first guess. I don't use any Precision Flight Controls

I've purchased FSUIPC 3.90 & use the PFCDLL. My Precision Flight Controls (Cirrus yoke, rudders, & Avionic stack) isn't communicating properly with the FS2004 software. On startup, it has two checkmarks on the top and all the rest are x's (yoke, rudder, aileron, throttle quadrant, etc). What am I doing wrong? I've formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP, FS2004, and FSUIPC.

I suspect that the COM port you've got set is wrong -- are you sure you have the right one set? Are there others listed in the dropdown if you elect to change the port (one of buttons on the bottom of that check)?

However, the fact that anything at all happens later on is suspicious. That sounds more as if it is the correct port, but incorrect speed or a bad connection. Are you using a genuine serial/COM port or a USB-Serial adapter? If the latter, maybe that's gone faulty. I've had such problems with one or two of the very cheap adapters.

Regards

Pete