The simFlight Network Forums

Visibility Setting (again)

Hi Pete!

I need your suggestion, as we know, FS2K4 has "theme" for weather. Does it possible to alter the visibility by using "fair weather" theme?

I did read the manual, particularly in "Clear weather stops dynamics" in technical section, but I think it is for external weather program.

My default flight is using fair weather theme, in fsuipc set surface visibility limit for clear to 6000, but it is like unlimited visibility for me. What am I doing wrong? please help me out. Sorry for my english - thanks.

edit: I'm using FSUIPC 3.03

I need your suggestion, as we know, FS2K4 has "theme" for weather. Does it possible to alter the visibility by using "fair weather" theme?

All the themes have their own weather settings. The visibility is controlled by the values in the theme.

I did read the manual, particularly in "Clear weather stops dynamics" in technical section

That is an option not for weather which is clear, but for the "Clear Weather" button in the FSUIPC About page, or the Clear Weather Hot Key in the HotKeys page, or the Clear Weather commands sent by FS2002-based weather control programs. The word "clear" is the VERB, not the ADJECTIVE. Sorry if it is confusing.

My default flight is using fair weather theme, in fsuipc set surface visibility limit for clear to 6000

As it says in the FSUIPC User Guide, none of the weather facilities apply to FS's local weather settings, only global weather or weather set by external programs. The "themes" represent pre-defined sets of local weather with are loaded into your current location and thereby "localised". They are certainly NOT "global" -- i.e. the same everywhere.

In FS2004 the only way to make complete global weather is first to clear it all and make sure dynamics are off. This effectively turns off all themes and downloaded local weather effects.

Really, I would simply advise you to use FS weather as it is, or get an external weather program in which case you can play with FSUIPC's weather filters.

Regards,

Pete