The simFlight Network Forums

Issue with Capt Sim B757 Autopilot

There is a known issue with Capt Sim FSX B757.- It happens that after disconnecting tha AP, is imposible to regain manual control until 10 or 20 seconds later, which is rather annoying.- The cause has been determined as an incompatibity with FSUIPC, and in the forums, the recomandation is to go back to version 4.3.- I made some trials, and noticed that the most recent version free of the problem is 4.323, in newer versions I found the problem.-

Is there a workaround ?

Thanks

There is a known issue with Capt Sim FSX B757.- It happens that after disconnecting tha AP, is imposible to regain manual control until 10 or 20 seconds later, which is rather annoying.- The cause has been determined as an incompatibity with FSUIPC

Known? strange, then, that no one has written to me about it. If this aircraft uses FSUIPC and has run into a problem with later versions, someone should talk to me about it. There is no way I'm ever going to be able to buy and test all add-ons for FS for every new release of FSUIPC!

Did the person who determined this ever state why?

... and in the forums, the recomandation is to go back to version 4.3.- I made some trials, and noticed that the most recent version free of the problem is 4.323, in newer versions I found the problem. Is there a workaround ?

It sounds like a possible bug in the Captain Sim add-on: maybe they are not clearing the flag they must be setting in FSUIPC which tells it to disconnect controls. FSUIPC has a 10-12 second timeout on updates to that flag in case of bad or hung apps. If this is all it is I'm sure it is something they can fix quickly enough.

I'm not aware of any difference between version 4.323 and later versions which would change these things, though, unless it worked by fluke before because of some older FSUIPC bug now fixed. I really would need more information to help. Why has no one who knows what they are talking about contacted me?

Regards

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Pete and Soldano,

I have the same problem

Like a lot of others users of FSUIPC 4 (registred) you have noticed that autopilot does not work for B 757 from Captain sim.

I wrote a ticket to them, but they did not respond very kindly :

"Your Ticket has been reviewed but cancelled. "

"Click Product Name > Customer Support > Search KB > C > Search for KB# 1063"

I went there and read :

": Unfortunately most of the tickets get rejected and removed due to the following common reasons:

1. The same (or very similar) question has been previously answered in the Knowledge Base, Manuals, at our web site or Forum.

Please be sure to RTFM, search the Knowledge Base, web site, Forum prior to submitting a support request. With all due respect we cannot afford to answer same question twice. "

And further :

"we would recommend to visit our Forum "

So I went to their forum, and found no solutions (may be with FSUIPC V3, that I dont have)

So what can we do ?

One thing is to write in FS forums DO NOT BUY Captain SIM B757, if you expect to work with FSUIPC !

:(

Best regards

Laurent

One thing is to write in FS forums DO NOT BUY Captain SIM B757, if you expect to work with FSUIPC !

Well, I really cannot imagine what it is which you and Soldano have set in FSUIPC which causes any problems. By default, with no assignments, no calibrations, no settings, FSUIPC does nothing -- the same as if you had not registered it. It really then cannot possibly interfere. There is really bound to be some setting or assignment which is causing an incompatibility, but with no information to go on there is nothing I can do to help.

Re-reading the earlier reports here it looks as if Soldano is saying that the aircraft actually USES FSUIPC for something -- if so then how do you fly it without? There is almost nothing in this thread which makes any sense. Maybe someone, someday, perhaps, will actually come here with something more definite.

Regards

Pete

I am using FSUIPC to manage my controls and I am very happy with it.- All what I said applies to my case, so I dont know what happens with people who dont use FSUIPC.-

As I said in my first post, the problem is definitely an incompatibility between the CS B757 and the latest versions of FSUIPC.-

As I had saved all FSUIPC 4 versions, I made trials with all of them with same settings, the result was that V 4.323 is the latest with which I had no problems.-

I dont know if that makes sense, but is absolutely real.-

Well, I really cannot imagine what it is which you and Soldano have set in FSUIPC which causes any problems. By default, with no assignments, no calibrations, no settings, FSUIPC does nothing -- the same as if you had not registered it. It really then cannot possibly interfere. There is really bound to be some setting or assignment which is causing an incompatibility, but with no information to go on there is nothing I can do to help.

Re-reading the earlier reports here it looks as if Soldano is saying that the aircraft actually USES FSUIPC for something -- if so then how do you fly it without? There is almost nothing in this thread which makes any sense. Maybe someone, someday, perhaps, will actually come here with something more definite.

Regards

Pete

I am using FSUIPC to manage my controls and I am very happy with it.- All what I said applies to my case, so I dont know what happens with people who dont use FSUIPC.-

As I said in my first post, the problem is definitely an incompatibility between the CS B757 and the latest versions of FSUIPC.-

As I had saved all FSUIPC 4 versions, I made trials with all of them with same settings, the result was that V 4.323 is the latest with which I had no problems.-

I dont know if that makes sense, but is absolutely real.

What makes no sense is that Captain Sim apparently don't know anything about it and no one except your good self has come forward with such a conclusion.

There's really nothing i can do without any further information, unless someone wants to buy me a copy of the aircraft to test with. I am certainly not going to do so myself as it sets a bad precedent. Before long I'd have to be buying every product made for FS and trying to test them here. It isn't my job -- I think the makers of the aircraft should really be a little more responsible to their customers.

Regards

Pete

[quote="Pete Dowson "What makes no sense is that Captain Sim apparently don't know anything about it and no one except your good self has come forward with such a conclusion.

Pete

That is not so, I am quite convinced that Capt Sim is well aware about the problem, as It had been mentioned no only by me, but by several other customers in its own forum.-

I sent a ticket to support which was apparently accepted.-

I am quite convinced that Capt Sim is well aware about the problem, as It had been mentioned no only by me, but by several other customers in its own forum.-

I sent a ticket to support which was apparently accepted.-

So when are they going to do something? I can help them. They only have to ask!

Pete