The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dicko

No User Flight Control during approach

I have read all the documentation regarding User Aircraft Flight Control and my settings meet all the requirements. When on approach I have AI aircrft in the way and I noticed the User FC is not lit up on the main control panel. Am I missing something?

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

First thing to check is whether you have a flight plan loaded so STB can understand your intentions (unfortunately it cannot be determined from your ATC status, that kind of information is not readily available).

Regards

Simon

Simon, do you mean load a flightplan directly into fsx because I usually create a plan with FSCommander and just place the aircraft at the gate according to my flightplan and then load the plan into the PMDG FMC and my ATC program. These programs read it from my FSX plan folder in my documents without it actually being loaded into FSX.

Andrew

This is the regular flight plan you make in FSX and load either prior to or during your flight. If using 3rd party add-ons, perhaps they handle flight plans differently and the effect of those will require investigation. The first thing to do is to load a regular flight plan in FSX and check the STB function will work with it.

Regards

Simon