The simFlight Network Forums

Upgrading from FSUIPC 4.3

I currently have FSUIPC version 4.3 installed. I am planning to purchase Air Hauler, which requires 4.5. When I look for an upgrade to FSUIPC the only thing that I can find is a download that inclides WIDEFS. If I download and install this version will my original key work? I purchased my 4.3 version in October 2008.

I currently have FSUIPC version 4.3 installed. I am planning to purchase Air Hauler, which requires 4.5. When I look for an upgrade to FSUIPC the only thing that I can find is a download that inclides WIDEFS.

ALL versions 4.xxx incorporate the "WideServer" module, as it was built in when FSUIPC4 was written. Your 4.3 includes it. I don't understand why you think anything has changed. You cannot use WideServer unless you pay for the key and register it.

If I download and install this version will my original key work? I purchased my 4.3 version in October 2008.

Yes, of course. You did not buy a key for "4.3", you bought a key for "FSUIPC4". If you don't keep up to date you don't get support, in fact. I can only support the current version.

Please do browse through the Announcements in this Forum too from time to time. they are there to help and inform.

Regards

Pete