The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eurowing

US Airways

hi,

is there any chance that the logo on the US Airways aircraft will be corrected in the future? i am referring to the right side tail fin where the flag is the wrong way around. this applies to, as far as i can tell, the entire fleet.

thanks!

Yep, just the Airbuses, and it was my fault cuz I painted them. It wouldn't be too hard to fix, but I don't know if and when it might be done.

Ben

It was already fixed on some aircraft a while ago if I remember right, but thanks for reminding! Could go into the patch.

@Burkhard:

while we are on the topic of fixing paints, could i fix KMV Tu154 and post it here? i must have overlooked it when it was in beta testing.

-thank you

Yep, just the Airbuses, and it was my fault cuz I painted them. It wouldn't be too hard to fix, but I don't know if and when it might be done.

Ben

pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaseeeeeee........ :)

On which ones is is wrong? I remember the A333 and A332 got mirrored, so we speak about A319/320/321? I can do it and add to the patch...

doing a search on this forum and looking at the MT manual i can't seem to figure out how to replace the paint. can i even do that myself or do i have to wait for the update?

thanks!

Yeah, you can replace the old textures, but you'd have to do the bmp conversion and resizes yourself. Also, you'd have to look up which folders the USAir textures are in.

-Ben

Burkhard and i made the B1900D's and C's. its a good thing i have the B1900's backed up on a thumb drive :) included is the Us airways B1900D fixed old livery. Us airways (aka colgan) doesnt use the new livery on their B1900D's because i tihnk the B1900D are going to be replaced by either erj's or crj's. maybe even ATR's :lol: thats just my guess.

enjoy

-thank you

B1900D-USA2.zip

great job, i just edited my other post to have the fix for the old livery. i dont think us airways (colgan air) flies the new livery in B1900D colors because the B1900D's might be replaced by saab 340's. thats just my guess, anymore informaion?

There is a clear trend to park all props in the US currently, passengers don't like them since they consider them old, and all small jets because they are too expensive to operate. As consequence you can read on airliners.net often complaints that yet another airport has lost all regular services.

Thanks for the paints, I will verify them tonight. ( Not that I doubt :) ).

ive flown plenty of colgan air props and i think they are very nice! you do notice some noise but you get used to it almost instantly. i realize that there are some US airways planes in my traffic that dont have the new livery. like the dehvilland dash 8's and 737's etc. would these get painted in the new livery? i wouldnt mind painting them but i havent had a lot of luck with the new livery :lol: i usually get stuck at making the gray stripes coming down from the tail to the fusalage. if it can't be done then i'm sure what we have now is fine.

-thank you

Are there many 737 left? I read a while ago they should be out phased and will not be repainted, but that decision can have been reconsidered.

Yes, a quick look at a.net shows that this has been reconsidered, so we have to reconsider not to paint them :)

Dash 8 a.net still shows many black with 2009 taken photographs, so that is less urgent. Maybe one can steel the gray stripes from an A320? I can give it a try.

Yes, they are very hard to paint.

many? more than many :lol: there are 67 left. wikipedia does say its going to be repaced by the A320 by 2012. (-1 because it went down in the hudson river) from my reference the dehavillands are getting painted here but headquarters are in Hatfield, England. i will look into the A320.

-thank you