The simFlight Network Forums

I just purchased STB and for the most part am very happy with it. I have a coupe issues such as stuttering if I switch views and certain AI going missed approach if I'm shadowing them, etc. but I'm working it out.

I bought it for FSX because I missed Traffic View Board that I loved so much with FS9. There is one feature that I do not see from TVB that I'd like to request. In TVB, you could view Arrivals, Departure, Everything or "In Flight". In flight were aircraft within a radius of you that were at or near there cruise alt. and could have both Departure and Arrival airports both different from your current airport. Not only that but if you were following an AI flight, the In Flight Radius (along with Airports Listed) changed to follow you're AI flight and you could then switch to following new AI Flights or Airports that were listed within this radius (that may actually be far away from your origination airport).

So these are the two features I would like to request. You're Radius updated and showing flights and Airports within a range of where you are shadowing or following an AI, and the ability to list "In Flight" AI on the View Board.

BTW, I bought it at the FS Pilot Shop and got ver 2.1. I then patched it with 2.2 from the STB website.

-James

Hi James,

The suttering following a change in View AI is hard to avoid. If you go far from your current location, FSX has to build the scenery up in detail (just like the progress bar when loading a flight). And of course, doing so hurts performance until its done. You can sometimes see other strange things like floating autogen that "lands" after a while and jetways shooting into the sky.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll add them to the list. You can do something like what you ask now. Check out the custom filter section, and in particular listing those aircraft that are sharing the same COM1 frequency as you. It's a little more effective when you are flying, and shows you all local aircraft sharing the same air traffic controller as you. I really liked it, because I could match the ATC chatter to flights on the board real easy.

The shops all have different strategies for delivering updates, and different schedules. FS Pilot Shop, Flight Sim Store, Aerosoft all make complete new installers that really should be done by now. Simmarket hosts the patches. PC Aviator were on vacation lately, so still waiting.

Regards

Simon

I found some sample code that can disable the screensaver. However it's not a native c# class but rather a front end to a windows dll. Anyway, if we have a volunteers to test the change I will give it a try during June.

Regards

Simon