The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Patches for MyTraffic X verson 5.2a available

While all the military AI is way to big for one update only, the next version will contain several good military models in FSX quality. The first paint threads may start soon.

Is there any chance of mixing a few small GA aircraft in at the same time as the military aircraft? The default FSX small GA aircraft are quite hard on frame rates and I'm sure replacing the Cessna's and Barons would go a long way to improving FPS.

+1 here! I think the other AI vendors all use the GA aircraft, so some new models here would be a good differentiator.

Regards

Simon

hi burkhard.....

after instal patch released yesterday it appears a file in aircraft folder sim.cfg!!

that file should not go to B717MX??

because that folder is empty!!

the attach see that

post-27001-12868967834_thumb.jpg

post-27001-128689678358_thumb.jpg

Adding in let me say 2 GA models into an update ( and so skipping 2 others ) is a possibility, if there is common wish for that it can be done.

Can you really confirm that the stock Cessna and Piper are hard on frames with SP2? With SP1, they still were models in FS9 format, so had to be emulated, but with SP2 all the AI models got replced by FSX format remakes, 2 to 3 times faster just due to the completely different code used.

To slightly water your mouth, this is work in progress, just to show that also military can have its beauty...

post-148-128689678393_thumb.jpg

hi burkhard.....

that file should not go to B717MX??

Yes, please move it there, you are right. Slowly getting too complex...

The Cessnas and the Baron are user aircraft so even though they may be SP2 compatible they still use far too many polys for AI aircraft in my opinion. The Piper model is fine, it just needs some more repaints as the default ones look like cartoons from the 70's. I would much rather GA aircraft were done before military but that's just my opinion, that's why I'm happy to just compromise on a couple of small GA's to replace the default FSX aircraft.

They are multi-LOD models, aren't they. I can test the performance using my standard method over the weekend. Since on one hand the Cessnas are the most frequent GA planes, so if one can make it better. Is there any GA airport that has performance problems?

hi burkhard, I found a black texture aircraft with 727-100F

But the most strange is that when view from other aircraft the textures are fine...

the attach is a good way to see this

thanks and Have a good weekend

PS: I have another question but this one is not about mytraffic but I really don't know where ask

So why the virtual cockpit 3D from boeing 747 default aircraft from flight simulator X doesn't have panel lights at night??

Only with cockpit 2D I have these lights

Do you know anything anout this problem that I know that don't belongs to you!!??

post-27001-12868967841_thumb.jpg

post-27001-128689678428_thumb.jpg

But the most strange is that when view from other aircraft the textures are fine...

It isn't that strange at all, different models are displayed at different distances away from the users view point, in this case it would appear that the closest model only appears to have a problem.

here is another picture with the black 727 F from UPS....

when I was making zoom all 727 are going to be black in fsx!!

So; I must wait for a patch or what to do??

post-27001-128689678451_thumb.jpg

I have to find that first :lol:

The editor entry just is a text string, while it is 727-200 since early times, when there was one 727 model only, that internal string just is keot, but should use the 721 series... Sorry, some historical heritage not easy to clean up.

At least we know where to look.

ok, and about that question that the virtual cockpit 3D from boeing 747 default aircraft from flight simulator X doesn't have panel lights at night??

Only with cockpit 2D I have these lights

Do you know why this happens??

I search in google about this error but can't find answears

All I know is that night lighting and transparencies have changed from RTM to SP1 and again from SP1 to SP2, which forced me to redo the same stuff already three times for FSX :roll: . I never use virtual cockpits, find them awfull, completely wrong pseudo 3d effects.

Could you please look into the folder B7321MX\texture.My37 . What files do you see there?

I see it OK on all of my installs, but added the correct folder contents and the working aircraft.cfg into todays patch, could you please check if this solves the problem for you ( whatever has happened on one system may happen elsewhere ).

yes, you are right, everything is ok on all installs....

When running with aircraft with less resolution and animation (Performance_models) this problem with black 727f still happens even after install this last patch but I decided to change in my traffic communicator to install aircrafts with full resolution and animations (Quality_models) and now everything with this aircraft is fine!!!

My computer is a little bit old and it is why I prefer run aircrafts with low resolution......

One another question, could I delete the file MTX_V52.myt in mytraffic installation folder .... there is a new file from 5.2a and I think this is no more necessary!!

post-27001-128689678861_thumb.jpg

Yes, you can delete that file, if you didn't make intense changes to it yourself you want to keep.

Ah, this information that it has to do with the performance models could have speeded up things :lol:

yes! I am sorry, but just few hours ago I remembered to check about perfomance aircrafts.....

So, do you expect to have some way to resolve this issue??

thanks