The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BadDog73

Black 747-400s, anyone?

MyTraffic 5.2a

At Tokyo Narita, I observed at least 4 airlines whose 744s were black. Looking into this further to try to identify the problem, I found that the airlines were probably:

ANA

Northwest

UA old colors

Singapore

The textures were all present and good. The aircraft.cfg file showed no obvious errors with these.

I'm baffled; is anyone else seeing this? All the above use the FSXP-PW model, but others with the same model show the colors correctly...

-Ben

Edit: A quick trip to Singapore shows no black aircraft, even though one of the ones at Narita had a 9V registration.

Yes, I saw something at KLAX. I did not investigate further as I was testing another add-on at the time, but now I think about it....

Regards

Simon

Hm. Also see a black 744 at RJAA. One of them has is ZK-SUJ, Air New Zealand. In NZAA, all ANZ 744 look OK. I see at least two different engine types as black, so assume it has nothing to do with the 744 and toi be something else, but finding that I had better plans for the next days :oops:

Found the reason and will add to next patch. Predict it to happen in Seattle too sometimes.

Yeah, I was outside today and I saw a black 744 fly overhead, so I can confirm that. :mrgreen: :P

I love the fact that aviation is full of surprises. The culprit, no longer black since patched, I saw today in real life in Hahn airport!