The simFlight Network Forums
flying-w

SuperTrafficBoard and Ultimate Traffic 2 - New Patch!

Ultimate Traffic 2 includes a new scheduling engine that does not use the regular FSX flight plan technology (BGL files). A side effect of the technology is that flights that are present in FSX but yet to become active (sleep state, the vast majority at most airports) do not have any scheduling data associated with them (departure time, destination, flight number, etc).

While SuperTrafficBoard can show active flights, there are problems with flights on the ground that do not show up at all due to the lack of scheduling information. Also there are exceptions occuring when landed flights turn to baggage reclaim.

At this time SuperTrafficBoard cannot claim full support for UT2. However we are evaluating our options and hope to be able to improve the situation.

If you are an STB and UT2 customer and would be interested in helping to test any changes, I'd be glad to hear from you.

Regards

Simon

Hello Simon,

I was just here to let you know that I will be keeping an eye out for the update, but if you want to bounce something off me, I will be glad to try it.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks. During a test cycle last night we discovered that we were not handling GA aircraft. That's fixed now and we have another build to evaluate. PM coming your way!

Regards

Simon

A patch to improve the support between SuperTrafficBoard and UT2 is now available here:

http://www.supertrafficboard.com/downlopatch2.zip

The updater should handle any previous version of STB and update it to the latest level (except for beta test versions!).

There are still a few limitations that I hope to resolve in the future:

* Scheduled arrival and departure times are not available except for flights that STB has recovered and rescheduled (final approach conflicts and taxiway timeouts)

* The flight number and destination for parked aircraft is not available until the aircraft beings its departure cycle.

* The "Depart Now" command does not function correctly.

* The "View Flight Data" command that lists additional schedule information does not function correctly.

All of the above is dependent on scheduling information known only to UT2 at this time, however we have a line open to Flight 1 to see what can be done.

Regards

Simon

The patch only addresses issues reported by UT2 users due to their new scheduling engine technlogy. It won't change anything for non-UT2, but should not break anything either ;-)

Regards

Simon

Hi, I installed the patch for UT2 users.

So far it appears to be okay, although I have only tested it at two smaller airports in Australia

Gold Coast YBCG and Adeaide YPAD

And when I go to select airport, I cannot select these airports on their own, I have to choose all airports.

Is this a UT2 issue or ?

Also of course one has to change some airline call signs to get them to match airline logos too.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil,

How many flights are listed for "All Airports"? I notice that many airports have fewer flights in UT2 compared with other packages,because I don't think aircraft are created until they are needed. Please check your Airport Movement Threshold on the Data Intrepretation tab. Set that down to 1 and see what happens.

Regards

Simon

Hi Simon

Yes I tend to agree with you, other packages appear to have more AI traffic, well at Australian airports anyway. I've not checked it yet at other country airports yet.

One thing I have noticed about UT, is after one loads a saved flight or after a created flight loads, you have to give it a minute or three and then AI traffic loads.

Anyway to answer your query.

I set the threshold to 1.

Now as of a Sunday 13:30pm local time ( 03:30 gmt) at airport YBCG, Gold Coast Qld, there is 5 AI flights in total.

And now I can select YBCG as the airport since I set the TH number to 1.

But what is strange, STB is not displaying a arrival or departure time? just ??? marks.

It was doing that before I set the Threshold to 1 and still is after setting it to 1.

Do you know what might be casuing that?

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

The issue with the lack of scheduled times is well understood. UT2 has an external scheduling engine that does not operate in the same way as "traditional" FS scheduling. For aircraft on the ground, all we know (and that means FSX) is the airport they are at, and we have no clue where each is going and at what time. That only becomes available when UT2 pumps it in to FSX, when the aircraft is ready for pushback. At that time STB will absorb the new information and update the board.

It's the same with traffic toolbox explorer, it has no clue either.

I spoke on the phone to Flight 1 about the issue last week and they appreciate the need to address it. While I can't say when that will happen, I'm ready at this end to start the work to take advantage of it when it does.

To really check out the UT2 traffic, visit EGLL at 100%. >140 planes on the ground, and my system dies ;-)

Regards

Simon

I am encountering a problem and was wondering if this is to be expected until things are fully worked out between STB and UT2, or if I've messed something up. I've been using STB with WoAI and FTX and my board displayed airline logos for virtually all commercial flights. Now I am using UT2 v1.07 and STB 2.2 with the patch for UT2 and I have hardly any airline logos at all being displayed. I have updated my airline and airport databases, and I've reset the logo folder path and I still encounter this problem. Of course, I've not been able to update the flight plans for this is an inherent problem with UT2 that I know you are working on.

BTW, I'm talking about STB not displaying the logos for flights in progress; I understand that this may not happen for inactive planes until STB and UT2 work things out.

One other change I made: I installed EditVoicePack when I installed UT2, which is a program I'd not been using before.

So, can anyone tell me why most all of my airline logos aren't being displayed and whether there's a way to fix this problem? I am using the same airline logos folder that I used with WoAI.

Thanks,

Robert

Hi Robert,

I'll take a look. The logo is entirely dependent on the callsign the airline is configured to use, determined by entries in the aircraft.cfg file. Therefore it's at the discretion of the AI vendor, whether they are using the abstract values such as "SPEEDBIRD" or more descriptive values like "British Airways".

Regards

Simon

Hi

I've found quite a few UT AI afct are calling the call sign different to say My Traffic.

I've had to alter the call sign in STB for a few airlines so far.

Qantas was one that surpirsed me, I cannot see what else UT could call Qantas, but I had to edit it under STB call sign settings.

Phil

It looks like STB is getting the correct value for Callsign from UT2, or at least correct as UT2 thinks it to be. I'll spend some time working the logos to match the callsigns UT2 is using, but it will be after they release the official service pack.

Regards

Simon

Thanks, me too Simon.

Is this service pack from UT going to make your STB compatable fully with UT?

I Iguess we'll find out when they bring it out, when ever that will be.

Phil

Thanks, me too Simon.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Tom and I discussed a framework for how UT2 and STB can work together, but it needs changes in both applications to sort it out. Unfortunately I can't do anything on my side until UT2 provide me with either the interface I can use for schedule data or a complete specification for it. I look forward to news of the service pack content and it will be one of my top priorities as soon as it takes shape. In the meantime i've been busy changing STB to use the new SimConnect client coming from Beatle (ex-ACES). That's proved extremely useful, as it something that help for the UT2 work when it comes and some possibilities for a limited FS9 version of STB if anyone is interested in that kind of thing.

Regards

Simon

Thanks, me too Simon.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Tom and I discussed a framework for how UT2 and STB can work together, but it needs changes in both applications to sort it out. Unfortunately I can't do anything on my side until UT2 provide me with either the interface I can use for schedule data or a complete specification for it. I look forward to news of the service pack content and it will be one of my top priorities as soon as it takes shape. In the meantime i've been busy changing STB to use the new SimConnect client coming from Beatle (ex-ACES). That's proved extremely useful, as it something that help for the UT2 work when it comes and some possibilities for a limited FS9 version of STB if anyone is interested in that kind of thing.

Regards

Simon

Thanks Simon

We'll just have to cross fingers UT come to the party soon.

As their Electronic timetable is way off, they list flghts arriving at YMML and yes I know it is based on system time and yet no such AI arrives.

EG Singapore Airlines flight schedule to arrive at YMML Sunday evening.

I think I go back to My Traffic, as the other thing that bugs me with UT2, is the number of AI afct in the default UT2 liverie. Yes I know this is a post for UT2 forum and I will be posting similar there.

Simon, some more info for you about the airline logos not displaying in STB when using UT2 v1.07. Today I went to a busy airport - KSFO - to see some night effects. I set my time for 9PM. As I had experienced before at other airports, there were no airline logos for the more than 20 entries on the Departure board, except for 2 Air Canada flights that were listed as "Wait in Lounge." However, over on the Arrival board there were about 10 commercial entries and all of them displayed the airline logo. These logos also displayed in the Everything board. So it seems that this logo problem may only apply to the Departure board. Incidentally, even after a plane departs it's logo remains generic. So being airborne doesn't seem to be the determinative factor. Rather, it's whether the plane is listed as an Arrival or Departure that seems to be the relevant factor in determining whether a logo will be displayed. But there is some inconsistency here. The Northwest and Skywest logos were in generic format on the Arrivals board when I reset the time to mid-afternoon. Unfortunately, I can't recall whether these airlines had any planes listed when the time was 9 PM, and all the airlines listed displayed proper logos.

Robert

Here's what I found at KSFO. Many logos missing, but that's OK since UT2's idea of callsigns seems to differ from others. I had to copy United to United Airlines to have it show up at all, but no difference between arrivals and departures. For what you are seeing Robert, switch on the call sign column for comparison. It's possible different aircraft within the same airline have different callsigns, that might account for the difference. Anyway, if you can post up some screenshots with airline logo and call sign value that would be interesting.

Regards

Simon

post-22939-128689685292_thumb.png

post-22939-128689685308_thumb.png

It looks quite normal; logos are missing since the callsigns are unique UT2 ones. Are there flights showing the problem in the screenshots?

Regards

Simon

Are there flights showing the problem in the screenshots?

Simon, I don't know what you mean by this question? Could you please clarify it for me?

Thanks,

Robert