The simFlight Network Forums

Big Airpots - many Departures very few Arrivals

Harpya

When I try out the traffic at several airports (e.g. Frankfurt, Heathrow, LAX), there are tons of departing flights but hardly no arrivals. The arrivals make up around ten percent of the departures. I checked during different times and with different traffic density settings.

I am not using the stock traffic file, but mine was created with the schedules, flights and traffic command from the editor with no changes except the addition of a few new airports.

Is this normal? Does anyone else have that observation? Am I (again) missing something I could have found elsewhere? :oops:

It takes about 30 minutes for the landing simulation to really get running, that are those aircraft that enter the reality bubble of 120 miles after you initiate the simulation. After that time landings and departures more or less balance. Most of the planes that should land earlier are already on their parkings, only those where FSX during loading of the traffic miscalculated the landing and has to put them into the middle of the bubble later appear during the first 20 minutes approx. For these it happens that FSX sets them too high, so that they don't land and sometimes even continue with the next flight leg aborting the approach, so don't wonder and do your own checklists.