The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

A tool to find blocking incompatible schedule

Most, more than 90%, of all problems we deal with here have to do with AI schedules in legacy format installed by other addons, so either FS8 SDK, ttools or FS9 SDK files. When FSX loads these legacy files together with its own format, it suppresses the own format and only displays the legacy format if there are more than a handful of old schedules around you. This leads in the case of large legacy traffic files to no MyTraffic AI traffic visible, in the case of small files to local reductions, if you follow the discussions here you will se hundreds of such cases.

This even happens in the case that the aircraft used by these schedules do not exist. And independent if they are FSX or legacy format, they all get loaded and coarse tracked if they fall into the reality bubble - only then they are not loaded case the aircraft does not exist - so unused AI schedules cost frames.

I created a little tool now that examines all .bgl files that you have installed in your FSX setup and makes a list of all AI traffic files. I haven't found yet to tell which format it is, but knowing which files are traffic files may be very useful. I as example was shocked to see that I had more than twenty files installed I wasn't aware of, that addons use traffic schedules to place a single aircraft flying it once per week only and label them static :twisted: .

The tool is included into the newest patch for Version 5.2a. Currently it is a batch file only. If it turns out to be useful, we can add it to the tools controlled by the Communicator for the next version. So currently, please try it out, report if it works. It runs about 2-3 minutes, longer if you have many addons installe I expect. I will add the how to use it in the next reply, and how the result should look like into the third.

In your MyTraffic folder, you will find a batch procedure called Traffic_bgls.bat . Just double click to it. ( FSX must be ended before you do so!) A command window will open, and it will close after a while when all is finished. It just makes two things: First it creates a list of all bgl files that you have installed under your FSX folder, writes this to bgls.txt. You shouldn't have to bother with this file, and can delete it later. Then, a small program runs, that opens all files, look into the header, identifies the traffic bgls, and writes these out.

So, once the window has closed, all that has happend is that a new file gets created in the MyTraffic folder, Traffic_schedules.txt . Open this with Notepad or whatever you like, and you will see a list of all AI schedules you have installed.

The program does not check if the folders are currently active, so if FSX actually loads these file, but you know best what addons you use and what are disabled.

How should the result look like:

In the ideal case, you will see

List of AI traffic schedules

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\FSLive\FSLive.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2009_DX10\Mytrafficclosed.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2009_DX10\Mytrafficcommercial.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2009_DX10\MytrafficGlobal.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2009_DX10\Mytrafficmil.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2009_DX9\Mytrafficclosed.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2009_DX9\Mytrafficcommercial.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2009_DX9\MytrafficGlobal.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2009_DX9\Mytrafficmil.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery\Mytrafficclosed.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery\MyTrafficcommercial.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery\MyTrafficglobal.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery\MyTrafficmil.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficBoats.bgl

if you have Acceleration/FSX Gold you will also have a

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficCarrier.bgl

If you don't see more files, your state is all three green. If you see more, you might have a problem. Check if these files are needed. If not, rename them by adding a .passive to them so that they don't get loaded and don't cost CPU, memory and bandwidth. If you have a local or global problem with MyTraffic to not show as many aircraft as you expect, at least one of the list IS the culprit, guaranteed. Make them passive one after the other, and your FSX will wake up.

Thanks, I downloaded it and installed and it installs the file, together with the program called bglfinder.exe. I hate caches :lol:

I attach the two small files here, just put them into the MyTraffic folder.

Traffic_bgls.zip

Hello Burkhard

I have the same list as you apart from the file \MyTraffic\scenery\AFRC.bgl

Is this needed ?

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Mytrafficcommercial.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MytrafficGlobal.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Mytrafficmil.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\FSLive\FSLive.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2008_DX10\Mytrafficclosed.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2008_DX10\Mytrafficcommercial.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2008_DX10\MytrafficGlobal.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2008_DX10\Mytrafficmil.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2008_DX9\Mytrafficclosed.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2008_DX9\Mytrafficcommercial.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2008_DX9\MytrafficGlobal.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2008_DX9\Mytrafficmil.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2009_DX10\Mytrafficclosed.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2009_DX10\Mytrafficcommercial.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2009_DX10\MyTrafficglobal.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2009_DX10\MyTrafficmil.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2009_DX9\Mytrafficclosed.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2009_DX9\Mytrafficcommercial.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2009_DX9\MyTrafficglobal.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MT_Plans\2009_DX9\MyTrafficmil.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery\AFRC.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery\Mytrafficclosed.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery\MyTrafficcommercial.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery\MyTrafficglobal.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery\MyTrafficmil.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficBoats.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficCarriers.bgl

That added a few Air France Cargo flights ex De Gaulle airport, since there were not enough in version 5.2. The reason should be fixed for 5.2a, so it just lets a hand full of 747F parked more in Paris. So keep it or delete it as you want.

Hello,

I have found this Thread just right now and tried it out....

Thanks for this tool!

But what is it about the following objects?

F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\German Airfields 3\Scenery\GAF3_traffic.bgl

F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\German Airports 2\scenery\eddg_objects_LIB.bgl

F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\German Airports 2\scenery\eddg_stat_lib_LIB.bgl

F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\German Airports 2\scenery\EDDG_ZLIB1.BGL

F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\German Airports 2\scenery\Eddk-1_LIB.bgl

F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\German Airports 2\scenery\EDDK_ZLIB1.BGL

F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\German Airports 2\scenery\EDDP-1_LIB.bgl

F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\German Airports 2\scenery\EDDP_ZLIBX.BGL

F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\German Airports 2\scenery\eddv_gate_objects_LIB.bgl

F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\German Airports 2\scenery\eddv_gmax_objects_LIB.bgl

F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\German Airports 2\scenery\eddv_stat_lib_LIB.bgl

F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\German Airports 2\scenery\EDDV_ZLIB1.BGL

F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\German Airports 2\scenery\edlw_fsx_objects_LIB.bgl

F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\German Airports 2\scenery\edlw_fsx_stat-fz_LIB.bgl

F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\German Airports 2\scenery\edlw_fsx_stat_LIB.bgl

F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\German Airports 2\scenery\edlw_fsx_ZLIB1.bgl

As you can see it is part of addon scenery?

Is this also traffic?

What happen, if I disable it?

It doesn't matter for me if I have little tiny cars going around the airports, I'd like to disable them if I gain frames.

But I'm not sure if I can disable all of the above bgls and what the consequences could be....

Thank you very much,

Günter

The GAF file is FSX format as far as I know. The rest I assume to be FSX format too, since otherways I would not expect any AI traffic on the German airports. I can't tell though in detail what these files do, most likely just place static or simply moving objects.

If you want you can uip the smallest of these - LIB files and send them to me as a PM if small enough, I can have a look what I find in there.

Burkhard,

You directed me to this post from the beginner's forum to fix my lack of traffic issue. I followed the instructions and downloaded the bgl finder and traffic_bgls files and finally got a traffic_schedules file to appear. I opened that file in notepad and nothing came up on it; all it read was "List of AI traffic schedules" and that's it. Something tells me this isn't right.

I think your first statement regarding the default FSX AI traffic bgl and FS9 bgl files is true but with one caveat. If you try to use the default FSX traffic file with any FS9 traffic file you won't get any AI traffic - FSX or FS9. I believe the two categories of traffic files are incompatible. If you're going to use FS9 traffic files just delete the default FSX traffic file. If you want to make a flight plan for default FSX aircraft then use an FS9-style FP.

No, if you mix FSX traffic, also default, with FS8/ttools files, or with FS9 files, but nobody but MyTraffic for FS9 and Justflights Traffic for FS9 ever used that format, you do see those flightplans of the FS8 files that FSX can display.

But since it is well known that FS8/ttools schedules behave far inferior to FSX schedules due to the coarse grid, bulk handling, wrong transitions to the airports, etc, I don't see ANY excuse to use a worse format that is 8 years old now, when the better new one is out for 4 years already. Usage of non-FSX formats in FSX is best to be described as digital polution of the living world.

I ran the traffic_bgls and here's my traffic schedule. As you can see, I added the ".passive" suffix to two files. I also tried each one separately.

Still no traffic visible at EDDF or KSFO

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery\Mytrafficlite.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl.passive

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficBoats.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficCarriers.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_177_WoA_Ultimate GA Gulfstream 4_Su07.bgl.passive

Thanks

Jim

I ran the traffic_bgls and here's my traffic schedule. As you can see, I added the ".passive" suffix to two files. I also tried each one separately.

Still no traffic visible at EDDF or KSFO

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery\Mytrafficlite.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl.passive

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficCarriers.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_177_WoA_Ultimate GA Gulfstream 4_Su07.bgl.passive

Thanks

Jim

Next steps.

Is addon_scenery active in the scenery library? By default it is, but may have been disabled by you or another addon. Simple check: Move Mytrafficlite.bgl

into the Scenery\World\Scenery\ folder? If you see traffic now, the addon_scenery folder is not active.

Check if the MyTraffic folders are in simobjects\misc, as example A320MX. I have seen other addons that remove this folder from the fsx config file. Simple test again, move the A320MX over to simobjects\airplanes, if you see the A320 now at EDDF we know what is wrong there.

If both does not help, please remove for the moment the .passive form trafficAircraft.bgl.passive - if you see the Landmark and Co again at least we know your AI system is working at all.

If you see them, and the both above do not work, last idea I have in the moment is that by some means the Mytrafficlite.bgl has got damaged on your computer or during the download, in this case please contact again and I can look how to get the file to you on another way.

I uninstalled FSX, defragged, and ran chkdsk /f. Then I reinstalled FSX + Accelerator. Then I again ran the MTXLite installer. The files are in the scenery library and the airplanes are in their respective folders, but ECCF at midday has no other aircraft except one other FSX airliner across the field. I have to admit getting a bit discouraged. Do you suppose the full MyTraffic Pro would be less of a pain? It's only a couple of bucks and since I bought MTXLite from simFlight a couple days ago, perhaps I could upgrade? It may be less hassle.

Thanks

Jim

I uninstalled FSX, defragged, and ran chkdsk /f. Then I reinstalled FSX + Accelerator. Then I again ran the MTXLite installer. The files are in the scenery library and the airplanes are in their respective folders, but ECCF at midday has no other aircraft except one other FSX airliner across the field. I have to admit getting a bit discouraged. Do you suppose the full MyTraffic Pro would be less of a pain? It's only a couple of bucks and since I bought MTXLite from simFlight a couple days ago, perhaps I could upgrade? It may be less hassle.

Thanks

Jim

Hm, MyTraffic_lite really is a completely simple always working product, which never had shown any problem but the known WOAI or other addon airport blockage. If this does not show any traffic, there must be something really basically wrong.

Did you fillow my above advices, and what was the respective outcome?