The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

A tool to find blocking incompatible schedule

Well, hell, I got frustrated. Anyway, my idea worked and MyTrafficLite is up and running. Many thanks for your efforts and I wish you a very Happy New Year.

Jim

Well, hell, I got frustrated. Anyway, my idea worked and MyTrafficLite is up and running. Many thanks for your efforts and I wish you a very Happy New Year.

Jim

Maybe you could just tell us what you did - there is no trap that others don't get caught in too...

G'day Guys

Apologies for the length of the post. Purchased the MTX 5.4a yesterday (O/No 864418) and having no end of issues trying to get it to work. I know enough to be dangerous around computers without being an expert so that might be half the problem.

What I have done to date:

Added FSX SDK

Ran MTX.exe

Added MTX to FSX Scenery

Ran TrafficDatabaseBuilder - got quick glimpse of a DOS file before it disappeared. MTX Communicator says 'not yet copied'.

Followed the checklist

Updated FSX cfg as directed (see attached)

Ran 'runonce'

MTX FSX Config.txtThis is what I get when I do the 'traffic_bgl' search - no sign of a database anywhere

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\MyTrafficclosed.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\Mytrafficcommercial.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\MytrafficGlobal.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\Mytrafficmil.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficBoats.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficCarriers.bgl

A search of other 'traffic bgl's' found 6 x ORBX files (all inactive).

Before I uninstall MTX and reinstall do you have any suggestions?

Regards

youngie63

Why did you all this - none of them is necessary. when you install MyTraffic, there are two things you have to do: Use MyTraffic Communicator to add MyTraffic\aircraft as simobject entry, and then add MyTraffic as scenery to FSX. You are guided to this during the installation, as example the Communicator with a special window telling you what to do.

Nothing more is needed, and nothing more should be applied if you do not really understand what you are doing.

In your case, with as you describe it a random action, I recommend that you delete the comple MyTraffic folder as it is and install again. Make sure MyTraffic still is defined as a scenery, and from Communicator that MyTraffic\aircraft is added as simbobject entry to FSX.cfg . Then you should see the full traffic. If you don't, it is extremely likely that you have incompatible schedules installed somewhere in your sceneries, and MyTraffic Communicator will help you to find them. You can be sure that when you have MyTraffic installed and the two entries exist, nothing inside MyTraffic should be done.

And please, be precise in your description. There is no MTX.exe, as example, how can you "Run trafficdatabasebuilder?".

Thanks. Did as you suggested but I do not understand what you mean by "....and from Communicator that MyTraffic\aircraft is added as simbobject entry to FSX.cfg ." Could you please clarify as there is no mention of this in the installation instruction.

The only AI Traffic Schedules I have are the ones I listed in my original post.

Cheers

youngie63

Sart MyTraffic Communicator. Under Manage FSX settings - Manage FSX.cfg press the green button. If it now says you that MyTraffic already got added then this is ok, close it. If not, press save and your forgotten step might be done.

Did you do a new install, without any other modifications? Do you still see no AI traffic? Everywhere, a helpful check is on airport SCIP? In this case, a strategy to analyse the problem can be found under

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/52842-mytraffic-x-installation-not-working-checklist/

Thank you very much for this. I had installed My Traffic X 5.4a and was not seeing traffic at KSFO or KSJC. It turned out that the imaginesim KSJC airport had added its own traffic bgl file, which I just renamed to passive, and everything works now. I love it! Now I wish there was a way to fix the FSX ATC so all the jetliners did not crash into my Piper Tomahawk when landing :-P

Edited by drnex

HI,

I just found this post because all of my AI traffic has disappeared. I did a re-install of the program, and ran the batch file, and it doesn't show any traffic files at all. I've been trying to unravel a problem with DirectX. Could that have blocked MyTraffic?

No, Direct X problems could lead to AI aircraft that show no texture etc,but not to no AI traffic. What actions did you take before AI traffic disappeared?