The simFlight Network Forums

Key configuration on an other PC

Hi,

I have registered FSUIPC on the PC#1 with FS9.

On the PC#2 I have a registered widefs.

With FSUIPC, I would like to configure a key of the keyboard located on the PC2 ...

Is it possible? and How or where will I find the instructions. I am very beginner so could you be very explicit please...

Very thank you

AT

With FSUIPC, I would like to configure a key of the keyboard located on the PC2 ...

So, you want to send a Key Press to a program on the Client PC, from the FS PC. Right?

Is it possible? and How or where will I find the instructions.

Yes, it is possible, and the instructions are in the WideFS documentation. You assign a button or keypress in FSUIPC to a special control in the list called "KeySend". You can have up to 255 of these, distinguished by a parameter value of 1-255.

Then, in the WideClient.INI file (in the same folder as the WideClient program) you tell WideClient what it should do upon receiving the KeySend. This is explained, along with some examples, and the list of key codes, in the WideFS documentation.

I am very beginner so could you be very explicit please...

Every one starts of as a beginner, and beginners need to look at the documentation and follow the examples. That is why documentation is provided.

By all means, when you've looked and tried, if you then still have a problem, ask specific questions.

Regards

Pete

Hi pete,

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately my problem is different. In fact it is the opposite. I explain more explicite...

- FSUIPC on the PC1 with FS9.

- Widefs on the PC2 where is the keyboard I wish to configure some keys (via FSUIPC on the other PC)...

I hope I am more clear in my explaination...

Pete this is the first time I have the chance to meet you and tell you I am please to have this contact with you. You are a legend in the Flight simulation and I remember the great beauty of you old DC3... This is an honnor for me... :)

Alain

Unfortunately my problem is different. In fact it is the opposite. I explain more explicite...

- FSUIPC on the PC1 with FS9.

- Widefs on the PC2 where is the keyboard I wish to configure some keys (via FSUIPC on the other PC)...

I hope I am more clear in my explaination...

No, sorry. Now I am confused. You cannot configure keys in FSUIPC from a client PC. The client PC has its own keyboard. You can SEND keypresses from that keyboard to the FS PC, and what you then do with them is up to you -- they might be FS keypresses, or hotkeys, or ones you want to program in FSUIPC.

Perhaps it would be better if you explained what you actually want to do, then maybe I can suggest the best solution?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your answer...

In fact I would like to configure a hardware (FMC hardware keys) located on a client PC to a FMC software located on the same client PC. Actualy every function of the software (about 60 total) is working with 60 keys of the keyboard. But it does not respond to the FMC keys. So I would like to configure these FMC keys to react in the FMC software...

Sorry my english is not so good. I hope you can understand my explaination... :)

Regards,

In fact I would like to configure a hardware (FMC hardware keys) located on a client PC to a FMC software located on the same client PC.

Okay. So the fact that the FMC software is working on the client menas the question of FSUIPC doesn't arise, right?

Actualy every function of the software (about 60 total) is working with 60 keys of the keyboard. But it does not respond to the FMC keys.

Sorry, I am lost again. If the software is working, how can it not respond? Surely that means it does not work?

Are you meaning something different when you use the term "keys of the keyboard" and "FMC keys"? I cannot at all imagine what you are asking. Sorry.

So I would like to configure these FMC keys to react in the FMC software...

Isn't this something needed in the FMC software. If the keyboard and the FMC are both running on the same client PC, as you say, where does FSUIPC come into it?

Sorry my english is not so good. I hope you can understand my explaination... :)

It isn't your English, which seems very good. It is the omission of a description of what you are trying to do, which i still do not know. i cannot see how any of my software is involved between your client keyboard and the FMC software running on the same PC.

Regards

Pete