The simFlight Network Forums

Same Update Keeps Downloading

idahosur

Within the MTX Communicator when I go to "Downloads / New Versions" the Update box tells me that I have MTXV52a installed and that my software is up to date.

When I go to "Downloads / Patches to V5.2" it keeps downloading the same patch, I know that it is the same patch because the amount of bytes received is always the same. The same happens with sound patches.

It is normal for the Communicator to keep downloading the same patch, why wouldn't you get message that the program has all available patches and is up to date?

Rod

The communicator could only recognize if the patch version is up to date if it had known which patches are planned when the communicator was written. While updates are plannable, it is the nature of the patches that they aren't. So either patch in a resonable time imterval ( once a month ) or just check for the sticky post where I announce every significant modification of the patch.